Want to find ways to make garbage chores easier, and reduce waste during te school year? Check out our top tips below on hor your home can make things easier on the plant, and yourself.
1. Plan: Make a list of materials needed before you shop for school supplies to avoid impulse buying. But, DO buy the big box of crayons.
2. Repurpose: Before shopping for new back-to-school items, sort through old supplies to see what can be reused or repurposed. If you have extra or leftover supplies that you won't be using, donate them to your school or a program that provides schools with supplies.
3. Buy Smart: Whenever possible, purchase supplies made from recycled or reused products. There are now a lot of great options in this areas.
4. Reuse & Recycle: Bring drinks in a thermos or reusable water bottle and be sure to recycle milk cartons, bottles, and other recyclable containers.
5. Pack It Up: Place homemade lunches in reusable containers and carry them in a reusable bag or lunch box. Bonus: a lunch box with a cool movie on it is always in style.
6. Empty, Clean and Dry: Always make sure your recyclables are empty, clean and dry before placing them in the recycling bin.
7. Volunteer: Find out if your school has a recycling program. If not, join forces with administrators and teachers to start a recycling program that works for your school.
Thos are our top tips. What are some of yours that we have missed? Let us know.
https://relyonred.com/ Welcome to First Piedmont Waste Solutions of Virginia & North Carolina. Providing Disposal, Recycling and Dumpster Services in Danville, Durham, Martinsville, South Boston, Reidsville, Eden, Roanoke, and Lynchburg.