December 7, 2018 by Jesica Biel
Many Acer computers have HDMI (High definition multimedia interface) ports. Acer laptop features many hardware and software attributes which makes Acer laptop a user-friendly and efficient system to work on. HDMI port allows the user to link an HD Television with Acer Laptop and watch videos and listen to audios on a bigger screen. But, sometimes these HDMI ports cause issue and it makes the situation very frustrating. In this blog, you will get all the information to fix HDMI port on Acer not working issue. This HDMI ports can become responsive if you use some additional reinstalled Windows software or by some cleaning.
Steps to Fix HDMI port on Acer not working issue
When you use Windows 10 as an OS. HDMI port can cause a problem due to incompatible drivers. You can fix that by following:
1. Press the “Start” button on your keyboard and move your mouse cursor to Control panel, then click on it.
2. Browse to “System and Maintenance” section then move your mouse cursor to “Device Manager” and click on it.
3. Choose “Display Adapters”. It will show a list of options, you double click on “HDMI Port”.
4. Click on “Drivers” tab and choose to “Update the driver”. Windows will automatically open the web browser and searches for the latest drivers. It will direct you to the link from where it will be best for you to download drivers. Download the latest drivers and install completely.
5. Then use the HDMI port, if there is a Software issue with HDMI port then it won’t cause an issue
Cleaning of the Port
When you find that there is no software or driver issue with HDMI port then you can clean HDMI port and check if it works. Tips to clean HDMI port:
1. Shut down your computer and unplug it from the power supply.
2. Use a flashlight and see into the HDMI port. If there is any crack then it is a hardware problem. You shouldn’t fix this on your own. Take your laptop to a trained technician.
3. Use a cotton swab, dip it into isopropyl alcohol and rub it into the HDMI port. It will clean the HDMI port completely.
Customer care team
You can choose to take help from the experts available on Acer Computer Customer Care. This number is always reachable for Acer laptop users and you will get the solution for any issue with your laptop.
Source URL: - HDMI port on Acer not working in windows 10