June 15, 2019 by Netgear router customer support
netgear support phone number - Netgear is well-known for developing some of the world’s fastest wireless routers capable of delivering strong and steady Wi-Fi signals. Apart from the innovative router features, one of the most popular aspects of Netgear is the fact that the routers are easy to install. However, sometimes you may find that you do not get a wireless connection even though the Netgear router is connected. One possible cause for this is that the router firmware is outdated. This article will give you an overview on how to upgrade your router firmware to restore the connection. You can also call the netgear router technical support phone number and speak to a certified technician to check if there are any advanced solutions you can use to avoid the wireless connection error in the future.
Steps to fix Netgear Router Connected but No Wireless Internet
Whenever you encounter an error related to your network connection, you should first contact your internet service provider and check if there is a problem with the signal. If the signal is ok, then it is possible the network error is caused because of a firmware issue. Netgear occasionally releases router firmware updates to add new features and improve product performance. You can refer to the instructions given below to manually upgrade the router’s firmware:
· Step 1: Visit the Netgear Download Center to download the router upgrade.
· Step 2: Check if the file uses an .img or .chk extension and save the file.
· Step 3: Use a computer that is connected to your router via an Ethernet cable
· Step 4: Avoid using a system that is connected wirelessly to the router.
· Step 5: Open a browser and visit this address: http://www.routerlogin.net.
· Step 6: Enter the username and password for your Netgear router.
· Step 7: Go to the advanced settings and click the ‘Administration’ option.
· Step 8: Select the Firmware Update button and click ‘Choose File.’
· Step 9: Look for the saved firmware on your desktop and click ‘Open.’
· Step 10: Upload the required file and wait for the firmware upgrade process to be complete.
As far as possible you should never interrupt the upload process as it could corrupt the firmware and render your Netgear router virtually unusable. Once the firmware upgrade is complete, your Netgear router will automatically reboot. If you find that the wireless internet connection does not work even after upgrading the firmware, you can call the netgear router customer care phonenumber and ask for additional technical assistance. Experienced technicians are available 24 hours a day and will be able to give you detailed solutions for any error you may encounter on your Netgear Router.
Read more - netgear router helpline number