July 17, 2019 by James William
The online world is fraught email scams and malware that can infect your email account or your system. Avast has different features that allow you to take precautions and protect your data. One such feature is the Avast Email Signature that appears at the end of an email you send. While the email signature is meant to reassure your email recipients that the emails you send are virus-free, the signatures themselves may seem out of place, especially in the context of a business email. This article will teach you how to disable the Avast Email Signature just by following a few simple steps. You can also call the avast customer care and consult a trained software and email expert to get some security tips on how to disable the email signature but still keep your email account safe and your emails protected.
Steps to Disable the Avast Email Signature
The Avast Email Signature is enabled by default and is meant to assure your contacts that the emails you send have been scanned for viruses or malware. If you do not want Avast to include the email signature at the end of your messages you can follow the steps below to disable the signature feature:
· Step 1: Click the Avast icon on your PC and open the Avast User Interface.
· Step 2: Go to the Menu section in the upper right corner of your screen.
· Step 3: Use the drop-down menu and open the ‘Settings’ section.
· Step 4: Click on the ‘Protection’ icon on the left and select ‘Core Shields.’
· Step 5: Use your mouse and scroll down to the ‘Configure Shields’ settings.
· Step 6: Look for the ‘Mail Shield’ tab. (It will be next to ‘Web Shield.)
· Step 7: Uncheck the option that reads ‘Add a signature to the end of sent emails.’
After you uncheck or untick the email signature option, your outgoing emails will not include the signature. Once you make the changes to the Avast settings, you can restart your browser and send a test email to check if the email signature is still visible. If you find that the signature is still added to your emails, you can call the avast customer service number and speak to a trained software expert to resolve the issue. A team of qualified software experts is available 24 hours a day and will be able to give you simple solutions to help you troubleshoot any error related to your Avast anti-virus software.
Source URL: Disable the Avast Email Signature
Read more: Avast contact number