July 27, 2019 by James William
The three words that best describe Avast Secure Browser are fast, secure, and private. The browser has enhanced privacy and security tools that protects you every time you connect to the internet. Apart from the built-in tools, Avast regularly releases software updates to fix any bugs in the older version of the browser. This article will give you a general overview of what you can do to fix Avast Secure Browser update problems and streamline your browsing experience. However, if you find that the ‘Update Failed’ message appears often, you can call the avast tech support and consult a professional software expert to fix the issue.
Solutions to fix Avast Secure Browser Update Problems
Solution 1: Check for malware
Sometimes Avast Secure Browser cannot be updated because your system is infected with unwanted malware. You can follow the steps below to scan your computer and make sure your system is secure:
· Step 1: Run the Avast Antivirus user interface on your computer
· Step 2: Go to the ‘Protection’ section and click on ‘Scans.’
· Step 3: Select ‘Full Virus Scan’ and let the software check your PC
· Step 4: After the scan is complete open the results and check the issues
· Step 5: Follow the recommendations and complete the necessary actions.
After you make the changes, you can close your Avast Antivirus software and try and complete the Avast Secure Browser updates.
Solution 2: System Requirements
Before you update Avast Secure Browser, you need to make sure your computer has the necessary system requirements to run the browser. You can refer to the requirements below to see how your system matches up:
· Computer running Windows OS 10, 8.1, 8 or 7
· At least 400 MB of hard disk space
· Fast and secure internet connection
Once your computer matches the systems requirements mentioned above, you can visit the official Avast website to find out how you can update and install Avast Secure Browser.
Solution 3: Reinstall Avast Secure Browser
Users may have trouble updating Avast Secure Browser because some files are missing. You can follow the steps below to reinstall the software and resolve the update issue:
· Step 1: Log in to Windows with administrator permissions.
· Step 2: Open the Control Panel and uninstall Avast Secure Browser.
· Step 3: Visit the official Avast website and download the latest version.
· Step 4: Reinstall Avast Secure Browser on your Windows computer.
If you find that even reinstalling the software does not resolve the browser update problem, you can call the avast customer support number and ask for additional technical assistance. A team of trained Avast software experts is available 24 hours a day and will be able to respond to any error you may encounter on Avast Secure Browser.
Source URL: How to fix Avast Secure Browser Update Problems
Read more: Avast contact number