August 20, 2019 by Norajonson
Global positioning system elements such as the Garmin unit that you keep in your car can allow driving to unfamiliar locations as simple as travelling your own neighbourhood. The unit tells your exact position using GPS satellites and relates your location to its stored maps to tell the points of interests around you whether restaurants,roads or rivers. With the accurate maps, the unit will offer abriefdirection to reach your destination, but if the maps are outmoded, it will send you the wrong way down the street, use incompetent routes or call for a turn where none exists. Garmin offers you the choice to download a free Garmin map update with the purchase of a new unit to guaranteeprecise instructions and appropriate performance of your new device.So, here are the simple steps to get a free Garmin Map Update. Go through it accordingly to avoid any sort of hassle. In case you find any sort of trouble performing these steps, contact Garmin Support and talk with the experts.
How to Get a Free Garmin Map Update?
Follow these steps to get free Garmin map update.
1. Attach your Garmin GPS to your computer by the use of USB cable that comes up with the device.
2. Access a Web browser to go to the Garmin's Find Map Updates page.
3. Go for the option "Automotive" and hit "Download Map Updater." Now, save the file to your desktop. If the download button is not there, your device is not appropriate for free updates.
4. Now, double-click the downloaded file for installing the Garmin Map Updater on your computer. You need to update your Microsoft .NET Framework before you proceed further. The application gives the necessary information if it is needed.
5. Click on the option "Search for device" when the application is installed. When the device is identified, read the disclaimer and hit the "Continue" option.
6. Hit the "Continue" option if the application asks you with "A free map update is available!","A map update is available!" or "nüMaps Lifetime update is available!" or If you get the prompt "Your maps are up to date", then no update is required. If you get "A map update is available for purchase", then the device is not fit for a free update.
7. Click on the option "Continue" when asked with "Ready to update your maps". If your device has not enough storage space that is required to install the update, you will be directed through removing pictures and music to make the space.
Allow the device to plugged in while the update downloads and installs. It may take severalhours to finish.
Garmin GPS update helps you to access several features of Garmin. For technical assistance, contact our experts.