Swimming pool maintenance is a task that can be very simple if you have the necessary information to do it well. However, when we do not have complete information on how to care for and maintain water, different maintenance problems arise. Having a pool may be far from what we had thought if the water is green and we can't find a way to avoid it.
Steps for a perfect set-up of your pool:
1. Check the condition of the pool equipment: pump, filter, valves, skimmer, pool safety cover, and etc.
2. Take advantage when the pool is empty to make deep cleaning of the walls and floor. You can eliminate embedded lime, and prevent the growth of algae. It is more advisable to perform this type of task when there is a little sun. Maintain the humidity of the glass.
3. If you have changed the water after pool closing, perform initial shock chlorination to prevent the proliferation of algae and bacteria. It is also advisable to do it if you have not changed it. You can do it with different chemicals, depending on the maintenance system you have chosen.
4. Analyze the pH level to place it between 7.2 and 7.6. If the water carries a lot of lime, when adding new water to the pool the tendency will be to increase the pH and for that reason, you should use the pH minorator. It is the most usual.
5. Configure the programming of the controller clock for the daily filtering time. 8 hours a day in summer is enough for proper water maintenance. It is better to divide into two or three spaces throughout the day.
Daily tasks for pool maintenance:
1. Check the pH status of the water and adjust it to take it to levels between 7.2 and 7.4. It can reach 7.6 without causing problems, although a level up to 7.4 is preferable. The sudden change of the climatic conditions, increase the use, the addition of new water, etc. They can adjust the pH.
2. Analyze the level of disinfectant (chlorine, liquid oxygen, salt). You must adjust it to the correct levels. You can do it by starting the engine and modifying the dosage.
Regarding chlorine, you should regulate it at a level between 0.5 ppm and 2 ppm of free chlorine, while the combined chlorine (chlorine + organic matter) should not exceed 0.6 ppm.
3. Do a proper pool closing service. Clean the surface of the water to remove leaves or any type of dirt that is perched on the pool water.