October 30, 2019 by mark wahlbarg
When it comes to washing the clothes of babies and young children it is essential to follow a few steps suggested by dry cleaning pickup and delivery.
Before doing so, it is convenient to read the labels, if the garment has them, separate the clothes by colors such as white and dark and classify them according to the type of fabric, which should preferably be cotton or wool.
Remember that it is not advisable to use anti-scale products, softeners, or bleaching agents. One should be used for delicate items. Check all our tips.
- Up to 3 years, parents usually wash the clothes of babies and children separately, as they are more delicate clothes.
- The baby's skin is so sensitive that contact with a garment in which remains of detergent are left can cause allergic reactions or irritations.
- Your clothes should be washed with liquid detergent for delicate items and rinse thoroughly.
- It is not advisable to use anti-scale products, softeners or bleach.
- Some babies may be allergic to wool or synthetic clothing.
Therefore, it is preferable to wear cotton garments and consult with the pediatrician for any symptoms of irritation.
3 tips before washing the clothes of babies and children:
1. Read the labels before washing the clothes of babies and children:
All garments include a label with washing instructions. Its symbols indicate whether the garment can be washed in the washing machine, the maximum washing temperature, or if it must be washed by hand.
It also indicates whether or not the garment can be ironed or the ironing temperature. Other indications refer to the use of the dryer.
2. Separate clothes by colors of babies and children:
The colored clothes must be separated from the white one since it can fade, and if possible wash the light-colored one separately. So our clothes will last longer and be as bright as the first day.
To know if our clothes can fade, we apply hot water to a part of the clothes and immediately iron it between two pieces of white cloth. If the fabric becomes stained, wash it separately from the rest of the laundry.
3. Sort clothes according to the type of fabric:
As suggested by dry cleaning pickup and delivery, you also have to classify the garments according to the type of fabric, whether it is cotton, synthetic or wool. Each tissue requires specific treatment. For example, silk and wool are delicate fabrics. Be careful with your washing.