November 8, 2019 by mark wahlbarg
Cccam server is a type of a cardsharing protocol. In this, “Sharing” means the right to access digital packages by connecting to the best Cccam server through the internet.
To do this, OSCam plays an important role as it is a software that can be used to decrypt television channels on a receiver.
Some images for set-top boxes (STB) do not support the Oscam server. If you like the image and still want to use Oscam, then you have to install Oscam manually.
Let us find out here how to manually install the best Oscam server on Linux Set-Top Boxes?
Everything you do is of course at your own risk!
If directories are missing here, then you have to create them manually!
You should do everything as root!
Steps to install:
1. Download the correct Oscam binaries on http://download.oscam.cc.
2. Unpack the Oscam Binary, this is just called oscam.
3. Copy the Oscam Binary to the STB directory / usr / bin / and give the permission 755 or 777.
4. Copy or create the Oscam configuration files (oscam.conf, oscam.dvbapi, oscam.server, oscam.srvid, oscam.user) into the STB directory / etc / tuxbox / config / oscam /. Authorization 644 is sufficient for the configs.
5. In the STB directory /etc/init.d/ create a script file named softcam.oscam with the following content:
If you want, you can enter the current version number of your Oscam Binary instead of svn11359 in the script, but you do not have to.
The file softcam.oscam must have the authorization 755 or 777.
Now test it in a Telnet console via /etc/init.d/softcam.oscam start if Oscam starts. If there is the error message "/ usr / bin / oscam: error while loading shared libraries: libusb-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared" then you have to install libusb.
For this the corresponding file e.g. from http://dreamboxupdate.com/opendreambox/2.0.3/mips32el/libusb-1.0-0_1.0.8-r4_mips32el.ipk download, copy to the / tmp directory of your STB and then install with:
cd / tmp
opkg install libusb-1.0-0_1.0.8-r4_mips32el.ipk
Now /etc/init.d/softcam.oscam start should stop reporting errors and start oscam with something like "WARNING: Web interface UTF-8 mode enabled. Carefully read documentation as bugs may arise ". That's OK, do not worry about the warning.
6. Create a symbolic link to the newly created file softcam.oscam with the commands:
ln -s softcam.oscam softcam
7. Now create the symbolic links in the rc.d directories to start Oscam automatically. The corresponding commands are:
update-rc.d -n softcam defaults 50 50
8. Now restart the STB and sky server Oscam should run automatically.