November 8, 2019 by freemexy
Lost Mode is a security feature that can be used to find and protect a lost or stolen iPhone or iPad. The feature allows you to trigger your phone to ring, find your phone’s location, and track your device if it moves.
Lost Mode also locks your phone and adds an extra layer of protection with Lock Mode. It prevents your phone from showing any personal information such as messages or push notifications. It only allows the phone to take calls or make emergency calls.
It also disables your Apple Pay so no one could use your card details and automatically puts your phone in Low Power mode. This will buy you some precious extra time to find your phone!
However, you should beware that the Lost Mode only works if:
The Find My Phone feature has been previously turned on. (You can do so by going to Settings > iCloud > Find My Phone and turning it on);
2. Wait for iCloud to find your phone. It may take a few moments, so don’t panic. Once the scanning is done, it will show your phone’s location on a map. However, it’s not specific enough to give you the address or building where the phone is.
3. Now check your phone’s parameters. You can do so by clicking on All Devices (if you have more than one linked to your iCloud account) and choosing the phone you lost or just clicking on Your Name’s iPhone. This will open a new tab on the right-hand side. It will show you when your phone was last active and how much battery it has left.
Iphone Lost mode
4. If you think that your phone might be in the same room or building, you can trigger it to play a sound. Just click on Play Sound.
5. If you think that you lost it somewhere else and that someone might find it, you can turn Lost Mode on.
This will lock your phone and show a push notification with a number to call. To do so, repeat the steps above, but instead of clicking Play Sound, click Lost Mode. Enter a phone number you would like someone to call, and a message such as ‘My phone was lost. Please call this number.’
Iphone Lost mode
Your phone will also be locked with your current passcode. If you haven’t previously set a passcode before you turn on Lost Mode, you’ll be asked to set a new one. Just don’t forget it as you will need it to unlock your phone once you retrieve it!
If your device is offline when you put it in Lost Mode, it will be activated once it gets signal or the next time it’s turned on.
6. If you think there’s no hope to get your iPhone back or that it’s been stolen, you should erase its data. You can do so by following the same steps above and clicking Erase Mode.
Are there any Lost Mode risks?
In this case, your iCloud Lost Mode feature provides a remote door to your phone. If hackers get your account password from one of the many breaches we’ve seen this year and get into your iCloud account, they could cause some real damage. How?
If you don’t have a passcode to your phone, they can create a new one and completely lock you out;