November 12, 2019 by OneMoreHair
By now, from this blog alone, you should know that Remy hair is of the highest quality hair you can possibly buy. Many people try to sell it to you as a knock off European or Brazilian product, when in reality its Indian Virgin Remy hair! You have a few choices when it comes to how to "wear" the Remy hair. You can either get hair extensions, a wig made from the hair, extensions clip, a clip hair product or you can even get a hair weave made from Remy. In this case, we will be talking about all of the above, minus the wig part.
When you get a human hair wig made from Remy the whole maintenance process is completely different, mainly because this is a "piece" that you have to take off and on. With the extensions, clips and weaves the hair becomes a part of your hair. You won't be taking it out.. at all unless it's a clip and even though it's still a part of you rather than a wig. In order to keep this hair looking and feeling as real as it does, you need to take certain steps in doing so. It's not as much work as the wig - remember, this is now YOUR hair. So treat it as you would as if it were you real hair!
- First and foremost, make sure you keep it washed - have it be every day or every other day. Whichever is best for your type of hair plus the Remy. This hair is incredibly soft and silky. You can use a regular shampoo and conditioner that you would get at any grocery store or go a little more expensive and buy it from a saloon. What the same is true though, the salon type is much better for your hair! When washing your hair, try not to use as hot water as you would usually. Scalding hot water can ruin the cuticle.
- Second, you want to rinse the shampoo out with the water and put the conditioner in it. Make sure you use enough conditioner to cover all the strands of your hair. The conditioner, as per usual should be left on for about 10 minutes. Once you rinse the conditioner out, it's time to strengthen the hair. Try to use a deep conditioner that has coconut milk or protein in it. Its important that you do a deep conditioning at least once per week.
- Third, once the hair is dry, you can then do your normal routine. This includes gel, mousse, curling iron, etc. It's YOUR hair. Use it as you would usually. You can even use hair spray if need be, just make sure it's not extra strength. Frankly, this hair is probably one of the most tame ones. So you shouldn't really have any problems with it.
- Fourth, make sure every morning you comb your hair - not brush it. Do it from the bottom on up. This will prevent the hair from tangling or getting matted.
- Fifth, make sure that when you go to bed at night you wrap your hair. You can sleep on it, but depending on how you sleep at night, you could end up with a few tangles in your hair. Just make sure you don't sleep on it wet or you will end up with your beautiful Remy hair sticking together in the morning!
Also, for any of you wondering, it is okay to swim with this hair on/in your head. But, some people will suggest that you braid your hair before you swim, this keeps it from getting tangled. Make sure if you do go swimming, have it be in the pool or otherwise that you always shampoo and condition it afterward so that it will stay clean and any chemicals that have gotten on to the hair, more specifically chlorine from the pool, will not ruin the cuticles or the hair itself!
For more details please visit One More Hair