December 14, 2019 by mark wahlbarg
If you could get the rubber stuck out, you will be able to deal with the stain. You just have to remember that manufacturers add vegetable oil to chewing gums to give them more moisture and make them softer for longer.
In other words, we are talking about an oil stain that is not going to dissolve in water only. You have to use other techniques. These are the steps suggested by Laundromat near me to follow:
- I put some liquid laundry soap on the stain or dissolved some powdered soap. Leave the soap for 5 to 10 minutes until it penetrates well into the fabric.
- Then massage the garment with your hands at the spot. Do it slowly because some fabrics can be torn.
- Rinse with cold water.
- If the stain persists, I repeated the procedure. It is more than likely that in this second attempt you solve the problem.
- When finished, I put to wash the clothes in the washing machine with the soap that you usually use.
Vinegar - a good ally:
If you cannot remove the stain, you can use an excellent ally for other economic: vinegar. First, heat a cup of vinegar in the microwave or a pot until it is about to boil. Dip a toothbrush in the hot vinegar and rub it on the stain.
How to get gum from jeans?
There are two tricks to remove gum from a jean:
- I put ice in 2 sachets and put them on the inside of the pants and, on the other side, on the gum. Since jean is a thick genus, in this way you make sure that the chewing gum cools well and hardens.
Another option is to put the jean in the freezer or freezer inside a bag suitable for this purpose. In a handful of hours, you can easily remove it.
Then begin to remove it slowly helping you with a spoon or spatula, again, nothing that has many edges to break the fibers of the fabric.
- Another option is to use heat: heat the gum with the hairdryer and start removing it with a spoon or spatula. Be careful not to burn yourself. Of all the options, the most recommended way is the cold mode.
However, the best and easy option is to use Laundromat near me service.