December 14, 2019 by mark wahlbarg
Bath curtains, be they cloth or plastic, are a common solution in the bathrooms of our homes. They allow us to avoid the costly installation of screens and fulfill the same function: to prevent water from leaking out of the shower or bathtub.
However, they have the great inconvenience of cleaning. And it is common that our shower curtains accumulate moisture, which ends up leading to the appearance of mold. These spots, which are profoundly unsightly, do not disappear only with water and are difficult to remove, so the first step will always be to prevent them.
Thus, to prevent moisture stains on the curtains of the bathroom it is advisable by Laundromat near me to apply a layer of saltwater over the entire surface every time we clean the bathroom or every 15 days at least.
We can apply it with a soaked sponge and let it act for 15-20 minutes. Then, we just have to rinse and extend the curtain well so it dries well. If you wish, to avoid dampness, you can dry the curtain with a cloth.
If your curtain has spots, you can try the following effective remedies:
- If your curtain can get into the washing machine, it will be the most effective remedy. It usually happens with those of cloth especially, although you should always check the labels. If the curtain is white, you can even wash it with bleach to remove these unsightly stains. It is very important that you then hang the curtain outdoors so that it does not accumulate moisture.
- If you do not want to lift your shower curtains, you can directly treat the stains with a cloth moistened in water with bleach. This provided it is white and there are no drawings that can fade.
- Use the disinfectant properties of tea tree oil to remove moisture stains from the shower curtain. Mix a tablespoon of this oil in a glass of water with a splash of alcohol and pour it into a spray container.
- Spray mold stained parts of the shower curtain with the hydrogen peroxide solution and running water and leave it on for about 15 minutes. Do not use this remedy in colored curtains, as it could discolor them.
- Make a paste with baking soda and water and spread it well through the curtain areas affected by moisture stains. Leave it on for an hour and then rinse.
However, the best and easy option is to use Laundromat near me service.