Gel Documentation Systems Market is Growing Exclusively at a Catchy CAGR of 3.6% During Forecast to 2023
February 26, 2020 by Shrikant Gadewar
The global gel documentation systems market was valued at USD 245 Mn and is expected to expand at a CAGR of 3.6% over the forecast period of 2017-2023, asserts Market Research Future (MRFR) in a detailed study.
Gel documentation systems provide flexibility and ease of use in imaging nucleic acid and protein gels due to which they are gaining traction among research studies. The rise in a number of research laboratories, diagnostic centers, clinical and medical institutions have contributed positively to the growth of the global gel documentation systems market.
On the flip side, high costs associated with gel documentation systems is likely to restrain the growth of the global Gel Documentation Systems Market. Most commercial gel documentation systems available in the market are not affordable in developing countries where the growth of the market is imopeded due to price sensitivity.
There are abundant factors that is propelling the growth of the gel documentation systems market. These factors as per the MRFR (Market Research Future) report include growing awareness, use of PCR methods for early analysis of infectious diseases, optimum treatment techniques, growing biotechnological and pharmaceutical industries, growing number of diagnostics centers, medical & research institutes, academic institutes and clinical laboratories.
· GE Healthcare
· Azure Biosystems
· Scientific Digital Imaging Plc.
· Thermo Fisher Scientific
· LI-COR Biosciences
· Endress + Hauser Management AG
· Cleaver Scientific
· Bio-Rad Laboratories
· Vilber Lourmat
· The global gel documentation systems market has been segmented based on product, detection techniques, application, and end user.
· By product, the global gel documentation systems market has been segmented into accessories, instruments, and software. The instrument segment has been further segmented into film gel documentation instruments and digital gel documentation instruments. Increasing R&D activities within the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries boost the growth of the instruments segment which accounts for the maximum share of the market.
· By detection technique, the global gel documentation systems market has been segmented into ultraviolet, chemiluminescence, and fluorescence.
· By application, the global gel documentation systems market has been segmented into protein quantification, nucleic acid quantification, and others.
· By end user, the global gel documentation systems market has been segmented into pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, diagnostic laboratories, academic institutes & research centers, and others.
By region, the global gel documentation systems market has been segmented into the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC), Europe, and the Middle East & Africa (MEA).
The Americas account for the maximum share of the global gel documentation systems market. Expansion of clinical R&D budgets by biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies accompanied by government support in the form of R&D grants boosts the growth of the gel documentation systems market. In addition, the region is a frontrunner in the adoption of advanced technology within the healthcare sector which acts as a plus for the growth of the market.
Europe commands the second position in the global gel documentation systems market. Robust academic & research base and availability of funds for research can be credited for the growth of the Europe market.
Higher emphasis on biomedical and biotechnology sector and rise in a number of proteomic and genomic studies have helped APAC establish itself as a significant market for gel documentation systems. APAC is slated to register the highest CAGR over the forecast period.
The Middle East holds the major share of the MEA gel documentation systems market due to the improvement of the healthcare sector in the region. The Africa market is likely to showcase limited growth due to low healthcare penetration.
In February 2018, Syngene, Asia's largest contract research & manufacturing organization, introduced a new gel documentation system, the InGenius3. The new gel doc system features integrated to a compact light-tight darkroom, and overhead Epi LED white lighting for perfect gel positioning and a 3 million pixel CCD camera.