Adam Wilson's blog
August 29, 2019 by Adam Wilson
AOL Desktop Gold is the newest update which has been provided by AOL. This software offers users numerous amazing features. AOL Desktop Gold has also looked into enhancing its performance, which would complete turnaround the experience for the users functioning on it. Some facilities which this software provides to the users are browsing the internet, emailing, and using the Instant Messenger for conversations. The users of AOL Desktop can easily update to the newer version, and they would simply have to visit the official website of AOL and Install AOL Gold desktop. Even after being a much-improved version, there are some minor glitches which the users come across while using this software. One issue which the users face is when they are unable to import toolbars and emails from AOL Desktop Gold.
The users of AOL Desktop no longer have the facility of sending and receiving active emails. So if they wish to continue using this feature, they would have to move to AOL Desktop Gold, and during the process of installation, they would get the option of readily importing all messages. This is one way of solving the issue, whereas you also have other ways to handle such a situation.
Ways to import toolbars and emails from AOL Desktop
If you wish to import toolbars and emails from AOL Desktop, then the steps which you would have to follow are as stated below:
· The users would have to start by clicking on the AOL Desktop icon, which is on the desktop screen and launch the software.
· Then type on the screen your username and password after which you have to click Enter.
· Once you have entered the AOL mail Window, at the top left corner of the AOL screen, press on the file menu.
· Then, from the drop-down menu, you would have to choose the option of ‘Import Wizard.’ This action would open a new ‘Import Available’ window.
· Now to complete importing all toolbars and emails from AOL Desktop to AOL Desktop Gold, click on OK.
· Finally on the confirmation window, click on OK and complete the process of importing.
With the help of the given steps, the users would effectively be able to import toolbars and emails from AOL Desktop to AOL Desktop Gold software. The users would come across this solution when they install Download AOL Gold desktop software on their system. The users can also avail assistance from trained professionals by connecting with the customer service team of AOL Desktop Gold. This would ensure that you are effectively able to import all the data that you require.
August 7, 2019 by Adam Wilson
AOL Desktop Gold is one of the most efficient desktop software that is available in the market. AOL Desktop Gold is the premium version of the AOL Desktop software, which now comes with added features. AOL Desktop Gold provides the users with added features like enhanced security configuration being one of them. AOL looks into the needs of the users and ensures that their software is capable of catering to every need of the user. This software offers the users with a highly user-friendly design and interface which ensure the smooth functioning of the software. One common query that the users face when is when then wish to install AOL Gold for Mac on Mac. Most of the users do not have a clear understanding of where they download the software from and how to install the software once it is downloaded. When the users come across such an issue, they have the option of connecting with the customer service team. This team of professional would efficiently guide you through the accurate process which they must undertake. The users can also read through this blog, by which they would get an understanding of the process which they must undertake.
Importance looking into the system requirements
When someone wishes to install this software on their system, they can do so easily, but prior to that, they must ensure that their system is capable enough for hosting this software. Hence before installing the software, the users are suggested that they have a look at the basic system requirements of this software.
· 512 MB of free space available on the hard drive.
· Operating system should be Mac Sierra or higher.
· 1GB or more RAM.
· Properly functioning internet connection.
· The recommended screen resolution is 1024x768.
· Strong and secure internet connection.
What is the process of installing AOL Desktop Gold?
The process which the users must undertake in order to install AOL Desktop Gold is as given below:
· When the user downloads the software from the software section, a window which says Install AOL Desktop for Mac would appear.
· The user must then select the ‘Continue’ option, which would then lead to the installation to begin. You would then simply have to accept the software license agreement.
· When the installation process is complete, it would then automatically launch the software where you would have to sign in.
When you download AOL desktop Gold upgrade from their official website, then half of your work is done. If you do come across any malfunction while installing the software, then it is suggested that you connect with the customer care team and avail professional assistance. This service is available throughout the day and completely free of charge. The users would get all the required aid in solving the issue that they are facing.
Read More: Latest AOL Gold software
Source URL: How to install AOL Desktop Gold on Mac
July 23, 2019 by Adam Wilson
AOL Desktop Gold is a software which has made its mark in the market. It is software which has attained great support from the users across various countries. AOL Desktop is the superior version of AOL Desktop. This software provides the users with several amazing features and services which aid the users in their daily routine. Some of the several elements that this service brings to the users are web browser, email service, etc. AOL Desktop Gold is multifunctional software which allows the users to the user multiple services using just one software. By availing the services of AOL Desktop Gold, the user gets one stop solution to most of their needs. This software can easily be used on Windows and Mac OS platforms. By following the information given in the blog the users would easily be able to AOL desktop Gold for Mac on their system. The users also have the option of contacting the customer service to avail more information about the software.
Installation Process for MAC users
If you are willing to install AOL Desktop Gold on your Mac device, then the steps that you would have to follow are as stated below:
Using this process, you can easily Free AOL Gold download on your Mac system, after which you can efficiently handle each and every service that they have on offer.
Installation Process for Windows
The process that you would have to follow to download and install AOL Desktop Gold on your Windows operating system is as given below:
By following the steps given above, the process of download and Install AOL Gold software may seem very easy. If you come across any issue in the process of downloading or installation, you can easily contact the customer service number and avail professional assistance.
Source URL: Install AOL Desktop Gold
July 16, 2019 by Adam Wilson
AOL Desktop Gold is a desktop software that caters to providing amazing benefits to the users who install it in their device. It doesn’t only act as web browser and an internet searcher, but also allows people to surf for videos, audios, news and play online games. Acting as a search engine, this software can only be accessed when it connected to an online source. Otherwise you won’t be able to implement the usual searching and stuff with the software. If you are facing an issue with AOL Gold and not able to connect online through your AOL account, then you should resolve this matter at the earliest. The steps for the same are mentioned in the blog and you can go through the suggestions. And if they do not prove to be effective, then kindly uninstall it and Install AOL Gold desktop in the system from the scratch
What can be the reasons behind AOL Desktop Gold not connecting online
Fir every issue there are some significant reasons. Some of them which are preventing AOL Gold to connect online are
Router or network settings- This is the most common problem which can be faced by the users on a daily basis. When the internet router fails to work or doesn’t provide proper signal, it becomes the reason for AOL Gold not connecting to the online network
System settings- Sometimes there lies some error with your computer and laptop, which can lead to the issue discussed here
Operating system compatibility- Not updating the device firmware or AOL Desktop Gold can also lead to this dilemma
What are some general ways by which you can resolve this error?
Hardware and router settings:
First of all check the errors that are associated with the Wi-Fi router or modem. If you are unable to open other programs and connect online with the network, but only AOL Gold is causing an issue, then you can move to the next step. Otherwise you must get in touch with your internet service provider and fix the issue. You should also look whether all the wires are properly intact and there are no loose ends
Update the system firmware
Next, download all the recent updates that are related to your device’s firmware and then try connecting AOL gold to online network
After that you need to enable the automatic LAN settings
· First of all, open Google Chrome web browser
· Click on settings and after that click on ‘Advanced’ option
· Now open the proxy settings and click on Internet properties
· Review the LAN settings and enable the option of ‘Automatically detect settings’
· Save the changes and exit the window
The next thing that you can execute to resolve this error is to reset the TCP/IP settings or also fix the issues with the network card if any.
If none of these methods work, then just stop whatever troubleshooting method that you have applied, uninstall the software and Re Install AOL desktop Gold in the framework once again.
Source URL: How to Connect Online your AOL Desktop Gold
July 8, 2019 by Adam Wilson
AOL Desktop Gold is a software which is a combination of all the web-based services, which consists of email services, web browsers, searching, IM Conversations, trending videos and a lot more. All these services are available on a single interface. Over the years AOL has worked on a lot of their aspects, they have become vastly popular as they have updated their services and focused on their security. The latest version of AOL Desktop Gold is efficiently equipped with smart security and anti-key logging mechanisms using which the user can navigate to the world. The users can easilyInstall AOL Gold software from their official website, and the whole process of installing this software is also straightforward. The users also have the option of connecting with the customer care, where they would get expert advice on how to get the process done. This blog would also enlighten you with information regarding AOL Desktop Gold software.
One crucial aspect for the users is when they wish to import their personal information in AOL Desktop Gold software. Importing personal data is a little complicated when using the older version of AOL Desktop software, but the latest version of AOL Desktop Gold has made this task to be much more comfortable as the new version now comes with an inbuilt filing system which would let you store and then organize your personal information, email data, bookmarks, and toolbars directly on your system’s hard drive. This way the users can easily import and export your personal information using this inbuilt filing system of AOL Desktop Gold.
The process to import personal information on AOL Desktop Gold
The users can easily follow the below-given steps when they wish to import personal information on AOL Desktop Gold:
· The users would have to launch AOL Desktop Gold software on their system.
· You would then have to sign into your AOL email account using your account credentials or screen name.
· Further access the file menu which would appear on the top left corner of the screen.
· You would now have to select the option which says Import Wizard.
· Then you can click on the OK button which would then start the importing of data.
· Again click on OK in the next window to confirm that you wish to import the data.
· You would then have to wait until the process of import is complete and then close all the windows after the completion.
Once you install AOL Gold download, you would come across the need to import your personal information on AOL Desktop Gold software. The users can aptly follow all the above-given information to complete this procedure successfully. If you face any issue while undertaking the given instructions, then you can also connect yourself with the customer support team and seek professional guidance.
June 27, 2019 by Adam Wilson
Whenever the users install AOL Desktop Gold in the operating system, a desktop icon gets created on the window screen enabling the users to navigate and browse the application in an easy way. This feature is basically present with AOL Gold and not with AOL software, where AOL Gold can be seen as the updated and a more efficient version of the former one. The users just need to double click on the icon, and they enjoy the seamless experience of browsing through the web, searching for news content, playing games, listening to music, or even accessing AOL mail. But what if you find that the desktop icon has gone missing suddenly? Do not worry as you can easily restore it in the system. The icon gets hidden due to some activity done by the users. The steps for restoring the missing AOL Gold icon has been discussed below, and it is so simple that you can execute the steps on your own.
How to restore missing AOL Desktop Gold on your system
Procedure 1- Recovering the icon from the missing desktop icons
ØStep 1- Close all the programs that are running in the system
ØStep 2- Open the desktop screen and move the mouse cursor to an empty space
ØStep 3- Press the right click to open the menu bar
ØStep 4- Click on ‘View’ and put a tick mark on ‘Show Desktop Icons,’ will show all the desktop icons that were created
Procedure 2- Restoring the , from the system tray
A system tray is a taskbar section which contains the icons of different applications and also the details about time, internet connection, sound, etc. It is present at the bottom of the computer
ØStep 1- Take the mouse cursor to the right bottom corner of the desktop screen
ØStep 2- Click on a small triangle icon on the system tray
ØStep 3- You will now see an option of Customize
ØStep 4- Click on that and you will get a list of the programs installed
ØStep 5- Search for AOL Desktop Gold and then select the option of creating a shortcut.
ØStep 6- This will restore the missing AOL icon on the screen
If none of the above-given steps work and you are not able to relocate the icon on the desktop screen, then the last procedure that you can adopt is to Install AOL desktop Gold software in the system again, and it will create the desktop icon on its own. But make sure that before installing the program, you uninstall the previous version.
Source URL: Restore AOL Desktop gold on my computer
June 18, 2019 by Adam Wilson
Tabbed browsing is an option where the users can open different tabs on the search engine and browse for various possibilities simultaneously. This helps to provide users with an easy and convenient option of browsing. You can now scroll through multiple tabs which are open and search for the information that you are looking for. Once you search for an option and get the desired results on the home page, you can select any link with a right click and go to the possibility of ‘Open link in a new tab’. AOL Gold provides this fantastic option to their users, and you can use this option after you successfully Install AOL desktop Gold software in the system. You also have a choice of turning on or turning off the prospect of tabbed browsing on the desktop software. The solution for both has been provided below. If you do not wish to open multiple webpages on different tabs, you can easily switch off the browsing option, and if you want to search for various webpages on various tabs, you can enable tabbed browsing.
The process to turn off tabbed browsing on AOL Desktop Gold
· Double click on the AOL Gold Desktop icon and open the software.
· Login to the account by typing your login credentials.
· Once you are at the home page, go to the option of AOL Keyword
· Click on Browser tabs, and at the left side of the window, select the option of Tabs.
· Now go to the option of Open Webpage and click on the radio button.
· Then deselect the option of tabbed browsing and close the window after saving the changes.
The process to turn on tabbed browsing on AOL Desktop Gold.
· Close all the programs or tabs that are opened in the laptop and return to the desktop screen.
· Search for AOL Desktop icon and open it.
· If you aren't logged on to the software, then sign in by typing the username and password.
· Once you reach the home page, select ‘AOL Keyboard’ on the dashboard
· Go to Browser tabs and then click on Tabs.
· Click on the radio button provided at the side of the Tabs and put a checkmark on the option of tabbed browsing.
· This will enable the option of tabbed browsing.
The process of turning on or off the tabbed browsing on AOL Desktop Gold is almost the same, and only the last option varies. You can proceed with this option after you Download AOL desktop Gold software in the system and complete the installation.
Source URL: How do I turn on-off tabbed browsing on AOL Gold
June 11, 2019 by Adam Wilson
AOL Desktop Gold is an easy-to-use desktop browser that allows you to access all the different services of AOL on one platform. When you AOL desktop Gold for Mac you can access your AOL mail account, read the latest news stories, play games or stream videos. However, sometimes users have trouble sending and receiving email attachments when they access their email account through AOL Desktop Gold. This article will give you some helpful troubleshooting steps you can use to resolve the email attachment errors in AOL Gold.
Steps to fix error while sending attachments in AOL Desktop Gold
When you encounter errors while sending email attachments in AOL Desktop Gold you can go through the suggestions mentioned below to try and resolve the error:
· Ensure the file name you want to send does not have special characters
· Check that the total size of the file attached is below 25 MB per email
· If the error is caused by server delays, wait and try to send the file later
· Make sure you are not using an unsupported file format while sending
· Run a quick diagnostic scan and fix any damaged Windows files
· Log in to your AOL account using the basic version then attach the file
· Run an antivirus scan to make sure the file is not damaged or corrupted
· Download AOL Desktop Gold once again so that you get the latest version
If you have gone through all the suggestions mentioned above but still cannot send the email attachments in AOL Desktop Gold, then you should contact your internet service provider to make sure your connection is stable before you access your AOL account.
Steps to fix error while opening attachments in AOL Desktop Gold
In case you receive an important email from the office but cannot open any of the files attached to that email you can refer to the steps given below to open the attached files in AOL Desktop Gold:
· Temporarily disable your anti-virus software and then open the email
· Review the IMAP settings in AOL Desktop Gold before opening the file
· Check the email filters and see that the attachments are not blocked
· Make sure the email attachment you received is not more than 25 MB
· Delete the browser cookies before you open the AOL email attachment
· Change your firewall settings so AOL Mail can load smoothly
· Open your browser settings and disable the pop-up blocker to open the email
· Log in to your email account from a different browser then open the file
· Edit the spam setting on your email account, then try and download the file
If you still cannot open the email attachment, then your best bet would be to uninstall the program and then AOL Gold download once again. If you still cannot send or receive email attachments in AOL Desktop Gold, you can call the AOL customer care number and speak to a trained email expert to find out how to implement more advanced troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.
May 30, 2019 by Adam Wilson
It has often been seen that the user of AOL Desktop Gold face difficulty in accessing different websites as they have been made secure. There are several people who only by the website after making sure that they are safe. The users can easily identify whether any site is secured or not by clicking on the URL. When the URL begins with Https and not Http, then it is understood that the website is secure. This defines that the website has been secured using an SSL certificate. It is important that you only browse through websites which are secure otherwise there would be a constant risk of getting infected with a virus or malware, there are also chances that the user's data might be exposed to online theft while using a site which is not secure. One common issue faced by the users after they Free AOL Gold download software is when they are unable to access secure websites. When confronted with this issue, the users can learn more about this malfunction by reading this complete blog. The users would be able to find the most effective way to solve this issue in this blog.
Steps to solve this issue
· The first thing that you would need to have complete knowledge of your operating system and the browser which you are using your system.
· Further clear all the caches, cookies, and history from the browser that you are using.
· Now perform a complete scan of your system using antivirus software.
· Further, check the internet connection on your system.
· The users are also suggested to disable the firewall or any other security software which might be causing some kind of restriction.
· Cross-examine the security settings of the browser that you are using.
· The users also need to enable the java scripting and cookies of the web browser that you are using.
· The users can also turn off the computer system, Wi-Fi, and then restart them after a few minutes.
· The users can also switch off all the notification and pop-up settings which may appear on your window.
· Clear all unnecessary files from the windows and drives using the windows disk clean up utility.
· Disable all the software which are causing any kind of malfunction.
When the users AOL Gold desktop download on their system, they at times come across the issue where they are unable to access even the secured websites. By accurately following the above-given steps, the users can easily overcome the said issue. The users can also connect with the customer care service to avail more assistance regarding this issue. This customer care service is available on a 24-hour basis and is accessible through a toll-free number.
May 30, 2019 by Adam Wilson
Android users often come across this dilemma where the AOL mail doesn’t work correctly or doesn’t work at all. You need to discover the appropriate solution for fixing this error. Many times, the error is displayed as ‘The Connection to the Outgoing server ‘smtp.aol.com’ failed. This blog intents to provide you with a quick solution ensuring to take you out of this dilemma. You can always reach out to AOL tollfree number in case of any grievances. Before you start working on the given solutions, make sure that you have Google Chrome installed in the Android device.
Follow the solutions step by step and fix the error completely
Method 1- Updating the device firmware
AOL mail has an automatic update option available, which means that whenever any new feature or version is introduced the application gets updated on it own. Just imagine what would happen if you will not update your device side by side? It will surely become incompatible. So, make sure to refresh the software whenever you are asked for.
Method 2- Stop the AOL mail application forcefully and then restart it
This can be implemented only if you are using Android version 4.4 or more. To initiate the process, go to Settings>Apps>AOL Email>Stop. Once done, wait for a minute and relaunch the application.
Method 3- Delete the application and install it
On your home screen look for the AOL mail app. Long press it and delete it. Then install it again from the Appstore.
Method 4- Configure the proper server and the port settings
AOL email has some specific protocol and account settings which need to be configured
· Incoming mail server(POP3) -pop.aol.com
· Port settings-POP3-995-SSL
· Outgoing mail server(SMTP)-smtp.aol.com
· Port settings-SMTP-465-SSL
· Incoming mail server(IMAP)-imap.aol.com
· Port settings-IMAP-993-SSL
· Outgoing mail server(SMTP)-smtp.aol.com
· Port settings-SMTP-465-SSL
Method 5- Install AOL Desktop Gold software in the system and access AOL mail through the platform
If you are tired of accessing AOL mails on your Android smartphone through the web browser, then it is high time that you install the desktop software and start using the AOL mail through that
Method 6- Always use Google Chrome as the web browser
To open AOL mail in Android phones and via a web browser, ensure that you use Google Chrome as your default browser. It will ensure that you do not face the errors
Method 7- Get in touch with customer support
If none of the given methods work, then dial AOL Phone Number and ask the techies for instant solution.
Source URL: AOL mail not working on Android