March 30, 2020 by freemexy
In response to the deadly coronavirus pandemic that originated in Wuhan, China, authorities have now placed four entire Chinese cities under shanghai 14 days quarantine, you can visit shine news official website.get more news about
Wuhan was effectively put under quarantine on Wednesday. Now three more nearby metropolises — Huanggang, Ezhou, and Chiba — are shut down as well, The Guardian reports. Along with Wuhan’s 11 million, that brings the total up to about 20 million residents who are now physically isolated from the world.
In addition, Beijing officials canceled festivals that were planned for the lunar new year, according to The Guardian. That too is a bid to stop the virus, 2019-nCoV, from spreading among travelers attending the massive tourist attractions. There are already more than 633 confirmed cases of the disease, 95 of which put patients in critical condition and at least 17 resulted in death.
But experts aren’t even sure if the extreme measures will accomplish anything beyond scaring residents: The Japan Times reports that the trapped residents of Wuhan are feeling confused and helpless by the quarantine.
“To my knowledge, trying to contain a city of 11 million people is new to science,” China representative to the World Health Organization Gauden Galea told the Associated Press, which contributed to The Guardian‘s reporting. “It has not been tried before as a public health measure. We cannot at this stage say it will or it will not work.”
Meanwhile, the general unease within the cities isn’t surprising. Business Insider reports that authorities are quarantining individual patients in plastic boxes or tubes to be transported around in airports or ambulances.
“When I saw the news when I woke up, I felt like I was going to go crazy,” a Wuhan schoolteacher told The Guardian. “This is a little too late now. The government’s measures are not enough.”
March 30, 2020 by freemexy
China on Sunday reported 10 more fatalities due to the novel coronavirus, taking the death toll to 3,199, while the imported cases rose to 111, prompting authorities to order a compulsory 14-day quarantine in "special facilities" for foreigners arriving here from Monday. To get more news about quarantine shanghai airport, you can visit shine news official website.
China's National Health Commissions (NHC) said 20 new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus infection and 10 deaths were reported from all over the country on Saturday.
Sixteen imported cases were reported on the mainland Saturday. Among them, five were reported in Beijing, four in Zhejiang Province, three in both Shanghai and Gansu Province, as well as one in Guangdong Province. By the end of Saturday, 111 imported cases had been reported, NHC said.
With the increase in imported cases, Beijing local government has announced to send all international arrivals into the city to quarantine facilities starting Monday as part of stepped-up measures against COVID-19 cases from abroad.
People arriving from abroad had previously been allowed to undergo the mandatory two-week quarantine at home, but now only those in "special circumstances" will be exempted from being sent to facilities where they must pay for their stay, state-run Beijing Daily reported Sunday.
Only four new domestic cases were detected, all in Hubei province's capital Wuhan, the city where the virus first emerged in December before growing into a national crisis and a pandemic. All the 10 deaths were in Wuhan, bringing the national toll from the disease in mainland China to 3,199.
The overall confirmed cases on the mainland reached 80,778 by the end of Saturday, including 3,199 people who died of the disease in the last three months, 10,734 patients still undergoing treatment and 66,911 patients discharged after recovery, it said.
By the end of Saturday, 141 confirmed cases including four deaths had been reported in Hong Kong Special, 10 confirmed cases in the Macao and 53 in Taiwan including one death.
"No locally transmitted confirmed cases have been reported in Hubei outside Wuhan for 10 consecutive days," Mi Feng, spokesperson for the National Health Commission, said Sunday at a press conference in Beijing.
Mi noted that the daily number of the newly confirmed indigenous cases on the mainland outside Hubei Province has been in single digits since February 27, with no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases reported for three consecutive days. Currently, the most pressing and important task is to prioritise medical treatment work and strive to improve the cure rate, state-run Xinhua news agency quoted Mi as saying.
China's Ministry of Education has announced that though the COVID-19 is slowing down, schools won't resume until local authorities put the virus outbreak under control and roll out necessary containment measures.
Wang Dengfeng, director of the ministry's working group on epidemic control, said local authorities shall consult experts before reopening schools and safety of the faculty members should be ensured.
Resumption would be prioritised for the graduating classes in middle and high school, as they were supposed to sit for the high school or college entrance examination in about 80 days, he was quoted as saying by China Central Television.
Wang said that the ministry is seeking advice from related departments as well as representatives of students and parents on whether to postpone the college entrance exams and the decisions will be made soon.
Local authorities are entitled to decide whether to postpone the exam for high school candidates, state-run China Daily reported on Saturday.
The deadly novel coronavirus has claimed over 5,300 lives and infected more than 142,000 people across 135 countries and territories, with the World Health Organisation describing the outbreak a pandemic on Wednesday.
March 30, 2020 by freemexy
When China announced it was shutting down Wuhan, the centre of the coronavirus outbreak, in a bid to prevent further spread of the disease, the world was stunned and experts shanghai quarantine, you can visit shine news official website.get more news about
Beijing’s decision was a vast experiment, epidemiologists warned, that might not work despite its huge human and economic cost. Quarantine had never been tried on such an enormous scale in the modern world.
Wuhan alone has a population of 11 million, and tens of millions more people in nearby cities were soon brought under lockdown as well, as the scale of the crisis became apparent. Questions about the policy lingered for weeks.
But nearly two months on, Beijing’s approach appears vindicated. China has reported its first day with no domestic transmissions of the disease; all newly identified cases had been imported from abroad, health authorities say.
Countries with their own exponentially-growing outbreaks are imposing similar measures, from Italy and Spain to Germany and California, though none are as strict as Wuhan’s.
Starting within hours of the announcement, transport into and out of the city was closed, with no exceptions even for personal and medical emergencies. Schools and universities were already on holiday, but that was extended indefinitely.
All shops shut except those selling food or medicine. Private vehicles were barred from the roads without special permission, and most public transport stopped, leaving the streets empty and silent.
Initially people were allowed out of their homes, but restrictions soon tightened. Some areas limited outings to one family member every two days to buy necessities. Others barred residents from leaving, requiring them to order in food and other supplies from couriers.
Later the policy became even more aggressive, with officials going door to door for health checks, and forcing anyone ill into isolation. A disabled boy reportedly died after he was left without food, water or help when his his father and brother were quarantined.
March 24, 2020 by freemexy
March 24, 2020 by freemexy
March 19, 2020 by freemexy
Chants of solidarity have reportedly been heard across the City of Wuhan as citizens took to their windows to extend support urging each other to ‘stay strong’. The residents that have been under lockdown to curb the global contagion of the disease took the initiative to shout ‘Wuhan, Jiayou’ from their balconies and windows. The phrase literally translates to “adding oil”, which meant ‘Keep going Wuhan’ as people conveyed a strong message from their high-rise apartment blocks to encourage people against their fight with the disease.To get more news about slogan coronavirus, you can visit shine news official website.
The video was circulated on the microblogging site Twitter by a resident of Wuhan. He said that the entire city was shouting the slogan “Wuhan Jiayou” that has proved to be very uplifting for the citizens. The clip was initially shared on Weibo, a site like Twitter in China and was filmed the sixth day since Wuhan has been on the lockdown restricting 11 million citizens within the city premises.
According to the reports, the residents not only shared the inspiriting verbal messages but also sang Chinese national anthem and patriotic songs from flats overlooking the desolated streets. The users on Twitter called the initiative moving and pledged their support.
The city of Wuhan has been under quarantine during China’s busiest travel season, the lunar new year and residents due to travel restrictions have often shared posts on social media on coping with indoor boredom. The residents have shared videos that included dancing, fishing indoor and turning their dining table into makeshift table tennis in order to keep them going, reports suggest.
March 19, 2020 by freemexy
A video of students shouting slogans against coronavirus in Assam has gone viral on social media. It appears that the group of students were returning after enjoying a game of football and while marching on a field, exclaimed, “Coronavirus, go back.”To get more news about slogan for coronavirus, you can visit shine news official website.
The 29-second video has been made available online by a Twitter user Mrinal Talukdar. “The first mass protest against coronavirus,” an excerpt from Mrinal Talukdar’s caption reads while he also added that the “protest march” was held in Assam.
The short clip has been viewed almost 17,000 times so far while a user informed in the comments section that the boys were students of the Jorhat Institute of Science & Technology.
“What’s evident is that they are returning after a wonderful game of football in a truly muddy field,” a comment read. Another user said, “This is epic.”Two days ago, a video of Union Minister Ramdas Athawale chanting, “Go corona, go corona”, along with Chinese Consul General in Mumbai Tang Guocai and Buddhist monks at a prayer meet went viral on social media.
Coronavirus was first reported from China’s Wuhan city in December 2019 and eventually turned into an outbreak. It has affected over 100 countries so far, with the total number of cases crossing one lakh globally. In India, confirmed coronavirus cases increased to 60 on Wednesday, including 16 Italian tourists.
March 19, 2020 by freemexy
January 16, 2020 by freemexy
US-Iran tensions could overshadow Washington’s trade fight with China
The U.S.-China trade fight dominated investors’ attention for much of 2019 — but that will likely get overshadowed by tensions between the U.S. and Iran this year, a political risk consultant predicted Monday.To get more news about us iran tensions, you can visit shine news official website.
“I actually think this (Iran) is going to be a more important issue for investors this year than China-U.S.,” Alastair Newton, director of Alavan Business Advisory and a former British diplomat, told CNBC’s “Squawk Box Asia.”
He predicted more Iranian retaliation this year, after Tehran fired missiles at Iraqi bases housing U.S. troops last week in retaliation for the U.S. killing of top Iranian general Qasem Soleimani.
Newton didn’t predict how Iran could retaliate, but other experts have said future moves could include aggression by Iranian proxy groups in the region and cyberattacks.
Newton said the relationship between the U.S. and Iran is “just going from bad to worse,” and there have been no signs the two sides could turn to diplomacy to resolve their conflict. His comment came as President Donald Trump tweeted that he “couldn’t care less” if Iran agrees to negotiate.Iranian authorities “are not going to talk with Donald Trump, the Iranians will hope that Donald Trump is defeated” in this year’s U.S. presidential election and they have a Democratic Party administration to deal with, he said.
Overall, Iran remains a “significant threat” in the Middle East, despite street protests that have broken out after the military admitted it had mistakenly shot down a Ukrainian passenger aircraft, killing 176 people.
“There should be no doubt ... that authorities will crack down if they feel that the regime is under serious threat,” said Newton, who pointed out that the current regime has a track record of “ruthlessly putting down protests” and will do so again if necessary.
He also said the downing of the Ukrainian plane could result in a leadership change within Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, paving the way for a younger generation of officers trained by Soleimani to take over.
Soleimani was “a particularly ruthless man” but “outstandingly good” in military affairs, said Newton. He added that the younger officers who have modeled themselves after Soleimani could rise quickly, allowing the elite Quds Force to bounce back.