Chasen Black's blog
November 27, 2019 by Chasen Black
This instruction show you the overview on how to use Vident iEasy310 to read & clear DTCs.
Vident Scanner Tool
Read Codes menu lets you read stored codes, pending codes and permanent does found in the control unit. Typical menu options include:
● Stored Codes
● Pending Codes
● Permanent Codes
To read codes from a vehicle:
1.Press iEASY310 the Read hot key to directly read the codes from home screen. Or scroll with the UP/DOWN key to highlight Read Codes from Diagnostic Menu and press the OK key.
2.Select Stored Codes/Pending Codes/ Permanent Codes and press the OK key to confirm.
3.A code list including code number and its description displays.
There are two ways to erase codes on Vident iEasy310 scanner:
● Press the Erase hot key to erase codes from home screen.
● Traditional way: select Erase Codes from the diagnostic menu.
1.Press the Erase hot key to directly erase the codes from the home menu. Or use the
UP/DOWN key to highlight Erase Codes from Diagnostic Menu and press the OK key.
2.Follow the on-screen instructions and answer questions about the vehicle being tested to complete the procedure.
3.Check the codes again. If any codes remain, repeat the Erase Codes steps.
More instruction about Vident iEasy310,please check here:
November 18, 2019 by Chasen Black
All auto locksmith,especially for BMW key programming know that Yanhua Mini ACDP programmer and CGDI BMW programmer both performing good on BMW CAS1-CAS4+,FEM/BDC key programming.So here UOBD2 engine show you the difference between them.
|Features/Tools||Yanhua Mini ACDP BMW||CGDI BMW|
|Highlight||No need to remove chip! No need soldering!
No need to cut the line!
No need to lift the pin!
|OBD key program! Run faster!
Test a lot = Safety!
|Workable interface||Mobile with Android or iOS||PC or Laptop|
|Connection||Wifi connection to a mobile||Wired connection to a PC|
|Update||Free and online update https://yanhuaminiacdp.blogspot.com/||Free and online update in http://www.cgdisupport.com/|
|Tokens||No need tokens||No need tokens Note: It’s necessary to buy
Tokens if it’s CGDI-MB.
|Key programming||CAS1: Yes CAS2: Yes
|CAS1: Yes CAS2: Yes
|F series coding||Yes||Yes|
|EGS ISN reading||Yes||Yes|
|Activation/Adapter||ACDP needs adapters to work with. You should buy different adapters for various modules:
FEM/BDC immo & dashboard;
FRM footwell module (0L15Y 3M25J);
35080, 35160DO WT Eeprom.
And you should have another adapter to read ISN;
adapter to read DME ISN (when all keys are lost);
adapter to renew key.
Btw, you can get a Mini ACDP FULL kit.
|CGDI doesn’t need adapter to work with. But you need another programmer to read modules, need a cable to read DME ISN from MSV and MSD
And you should get authorization for some functions:
BWM FEM/BDC Authorization
If you are not equipped with soldering knowledge & rich experience and don’t have another tool to read modules, Yanhua ACDP can be a good helper.
For personal use, you’re advised to have a Mini ACDP main unit and the adapter for your BMW.
For auto repair, have a Yanhua Mini ACDP FULL kit = have all for BMW key making and module programming.
October 23, 2019 by Chasen Black
This instruction show you guide on how to perform auto scan and control unit selection by Vident iLink400 When you have completed the identification of vehicle by Vident iLink400, a menu for selecting systems to test displays. Menu options typically are
● Auto Scan
● Control Unit
Auto Scan performs an automatic system test to determine which control modules are installed on the vehicle and obtain diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) overview.
1. Select Auto Scan from the menu and press OK to start.
3. If there is diagnostic trouble code(s) detected in a control unit, press the function key corresponding with Display DTC on the screen to view details of code information, and press the function key Quick Erase to clear them.
4. Select the system you would like to test, and press the OK key. When the scan tool has established connection with the vehicle, the Function Menu displays.
Control Unit screen displays all controllers available to this specific vehicle manufacturer.
1. Select Control Unit from the menu and press the OK key. A controller menu displays.
2. Select the system you would like to test. When the scan tool has established connection with the vehicle, the Function Menu displays.
September 19, 2019 by Chasen Black
This instruction show you guide on how to use Foxwell NT530 tool to read and clear diagnostic trouble code.
Read Codes menu lets you read trouble codes found in the control unit.
Typical code status include:
● Present/Permanent/Current Codes
● Pending Codes
Present/Permanent/Current codes stored in a control module are used to help identify the cause of a trouble or troubles with a vehicle. These codes have occurred a specific number of times and indicate a problem that requires repair.
Pending codes are also referred to as maturing codes that indicate intermittent faults. If the fault does not occur within a certain number of drive cycles (depending on vehicle), the code clears from memory. If a fault occurs a specific number of times, the code matures into a DTC and the MIL illuminates or blinks.
History codes are also referred to as past codes that indicate intermittent DTCs that are not currently active.
To read codes from a vehicle:
1. Scroll with the arrow keys to highlight Read Codes from Function Menu and press the ENTER key.
A code list including code number and its description displays.
2. Use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through data to select lines, and left and right arrow keys to scroll back and forth through different screens of data.
3. Press function key Save to store DTC information. Press function key Freeze Frame to view freeze data.
Freeze Frame Data: a snapshot of critical vehicle operating conditions automatically recorded by the on-board computer at the time of the DTC set. It is a good function to help determine what caused the fault.
4. Use left and right arrow keys to scroll back and forth through different screens of data.
5. Press function key Save to store freeze frame information. Or use the BACK key to exit.
Clear Codes menu lets you to clear all current and stored DTCs from a selected control module. Also it erases all temporary ECU information, including freeze frame. So make sure that the selected system is completely checked and serviced by technicians and no vital information will be lost before clearing codes.
● To clear codes, make sure that the ignition key is switched to ON with the engine off.
● Clear Codes does not fix the problem that caused the fault! DTCs should only be erased after correcting the condition(s) that caused them.
To clear codes:
1. Scroll with the arrow keys to highlight Clear Codes from Function Menu and press the ENTER key.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions and answer questions about the vehicle being tested to complete the procedure.
3. Check the codes again. If any codes remain, repeat the Clear Codes steps.
Foxwell NT530 Scanner
September 9, 2019 by Chasen Black
This instruction focus on how to use Autel IM608 to diagnose your vhicle,it show you read and clear diagnostic trouble codes.
Now,Autel company released their Autel APB112 key simulator used with Autel IM608 and Autel IM508.
Autel IM608 Read & Clear DTCs:
Connect IM608 to vehicle,then enter menu to select diagnosis,and select Auto Scan to identify vehicle.
This function retrieves and displays the DTCs from the vehicle’s control system. The Read Codes screen varies for each vehicle being tested. On some vehicles, freeze frame data can also be retrieved for viewing. The sample Read Codes screen displays as below:
1Autel MaxiIM608 Diagnostics Toolbar Buttons – see Table 4-2 Operation Toolbar Buttons on page 38 for detailed descriptions of the operations for each button.
Code Column – displays the retrieved codes from the vehicle.
Status Column – indicates the status of the retrieved codes.
Description Column – detailed descriptions for the retrieved codes.
Snowflake Icon – only displays when freeze frame data is available for viewing; selecting this icon will display a data screen, which looks and behaves similar to the Read Codes screen.
Help – tap to view fault code information, including fault description,condition for fault identification, and driver information.
Freeze frame – tap to view the freeze frame data.
Search – tap to search related fault code information on Google.
ESC – tap to return to the previous screen or exit the function.
After reading the retrieved codes from the vehicle and certain repairs have been carried out, you can decide to erase the codes from the vehicle using this function. Before performing this function, make sure the vehicle’s ignition key is in the ON (RUN) position with the engine off.
To erase codes
1Tap Erase Codes from the Function Menu.
2A warning message displays to advice of data loss if this function is completed.
a) Tap Yes to continue. A confirming screen displays when the operation is successfully done.
b) Tap No to exit.
3Tap ESC on the confirming screen to exit Erase Codes.
4Perform the Read Codes function again to check if codes have been erased successfully.
August 22, 2019 by Chasen Black
2) Select “Download Center” option under “Navigation” tab
3) Enter Download Center program, download the “Update Tool”
4) Then download the software you need to update
5) Save the update software to be downloaded to a certain folder
6) Open and run Xtool “Update Tool-V* exe” setup on the desktop
7) Follow the system prompt until the update tool installation is completed
8) Then remove the SD card from the Xtool PS2 truck diagnostic tool to the SD card reader and then connect it to the computer.
9) Open the Xtool Update Tool on the desktop when the SD card has successfully connected with your computer
10) Click the browse button to select the folder where you going to put the software winrar files.
Click Confirm button and it will reads your PS2 serial number and the software.
11) Select the software to be updated and click the Update button to update
12) Wait until PS2 GDS software update is completed.
August 13, 2019 by Chasen Black
August 7, 2019 by Chasen Black
Here uobd2 show you the test report on VVDI super chip and VVDI Mini Key programmer to clone Ford Mazda 8C.
VVDI2 v6.5.0 or newer version
VVDI KEY TOOL
VVDI MINI KEY TOOL
Put the original car key into the coil for identification.
Tap “Transponder Clone”.
Tap “Read Transponder”.
Select “Ford/Mazda 8C clone”.
July 18, 2019 by Chasen Black
Here UOBD2 show you the guide on how to use Foxwell NT530 to identify vehicle identify number.
How to use the Foxwell NT530 scanner to identify the specifications of the vehicle under test.The vehicle identification information presented is provided by the ECM of the vehicle being tested.Therefore, certain attributes of the test vehicle must be entered into the scan tool to ensure the datadisplays correctly. The vehicle identification sequence is menu driven, you simply follow the screen prompts and make a series of choices. Each selection you make advances you to the next screen.Exact procedures may vary somewhat by vehicle. It typically identifies a vehicle by any of thefollowing means:
Foxwell NT530 Smart VIN Mode:
Smart VIN allows to identify a vehicle by automatically reading the vehicle identification number (VIN).
To identify a vehicle by SmartVIN:
1. Scroll with arrow keys to highlight the vehicle application from main menu and press ENTER.
2. Select SmartVIN from the menu, and press the ENTER key.
3. The scan tool starts to communicate with the vehicle and read the Vehicle Specification or VIN
4. Answer YES if the Vehicle Specification or VIN code is correct and a menu of controller selection
displays. Answer NO if incorrect, and you are required to enter the correct VIN number manually
Foxwell NT530 Manual Selection
Manual Selection identifies a vehicle by making several selections according to certain VIN characters, such as model year, and engine type.
To identify a vehicle by manual vehicle selection:
1.Scroll with arrow keys to highlight the vehicle application from main menu and press ENTER.
2.Select Manual Selection from the menu, and press the ENTER key.
3.On each screen that appears, select the correct option and then press the ENTER key. Do this until the complete vehicle information is entered and the menu of controller selection displays.
July 8, 2019 by Chasen Black
This article is to share the newest info of CGDI Prog BMW MSV80 Key Programmer. Include latest update info, FEM/ BDC operation notes.
CGDI BMW Earth-shaking Update (June 11th, 2019)
1.Add BMW E-series iDrive Coding
2.Add BMW Diagnosis and support BMW E/ F/ G series DTC reading and clearing.
Note: CGDI prog BMW diagnostic function can free open and upgrade
Learn more update info as below
CGDI Prog BMW V2.6.0 Update (March 5th, 2019)
1Added: EWS1-3 key matching function
2The E-code is modified to modify the VO code function, and the VO code can be added or deleted directly by the selection method, and the operation is simpler.
3The BMW data modification adds support for both N13 and N55 engine data.
Free download link: http://www.cg100iii.com/download/CGDI_Setup_V2.6.0.zip
BMW FEM/ BDC Operation Notes
FEM/BDC installation location
Chips Operation location Display
95128 IC location
95256 IC location
Key learning position