October 9, 2019 by com2electronicsrecycling
ITAD stands for Information Technology Asset Disposition, and ITAD companies are businesses that aim at disposing unwanted and obsolete equipment in a safe and environment friendly manner. While you make up your mind to replace your old IT equipment, you cannot just throw it in the trash can and do away with it. You need to contact dependable ITAD companies Chicago, Toronto who can properly decommission, recycle, dispose of or resell your equipment. If you are a business owner and have lots of electronic goods ready for disposing at frequent intervals of time, then ITAD is going to be an integral part of your business’ risk management strategy. For that, you need to find an ITAD company who can prove to be a long-term ITAD service provider for your old e-products. We will tell you how to choose the best ITAD companies in your locality.
1. First of all, make sure that the ITAD company you are choosing has knowledge about IT products and how to dispose them of while complying the industry rules, laws and regulations. If your IT equipment is still in working condition and can be refurbished to resell, then they should pay you for it. However, if your equipment is unusable and needs to be destroyed completely, then they must do that in an environment friendly way. They must document each and every step involved in its disposal and must show it to you if asked for. This would minimize your business’ carbon footprint, and will save you from company risks and allegations.
2. R2 is an international standard set by SERI (Sustainable Electronics Recycling International) to administer recycling of products. It is responsible for ensuring that recycling of your products is being done carefully as per the safety standards. The IT Asset Disposition services Chicago, Toronto that you choose should follow R2 compliant processes while recycling or disposing your IT equipment.
3. Unless your IT equipment needs to be destroyed completely, or if you want to get if recycled completely, the ITAD company should offer you a credit, cashback or return on investment. If there is any scope of refurbishment, or if you are not sure what to do with your old IT components, the ITAD company that you choose should suggest you the best possible options regarding the disposal of your assets.
4. While getting rid of your old IT equipment, data security must be your major concern. Sometimes, you may want your company’s sensitive data to be stored online until it is properly destroyed. For that to happen, you would require an ITAD company that can provide mobile services as well. They will come to your place to wipe and shred your IT equipment in front of your eyes. However, if such on-site services are not possible, you need to find a company that has security standards to keep your data protected during the recycling process.
You would not want to have your data stolen or your e-waste dumped in a landfill illegally. For that, finding the right ITAD companies Chicago, Toronto would be of essence. You can completely rely on Com2Recycling to dispose your assets and ensure that your equipment is properly taken care of.
October 9, 2019 by com2electronicsrecycling
Today, there is a lot of hype about electronics recycling. You must have heard about this concept, and that everyone must follow it to save the environment. But do you have any idea about what it is and how to do that? Basically, electronics recycling, also known as e-recycling, is a concept in which old, discarded and outdated electronic products are reprocessed and reused to save manufacturing of new items. Household electronic products that can be sent for Mississauga electronics recycling include everything from radio, microwave, television and air conditioner to fan, laptop, cell phone and computer. There is a widespread development of electronics recycling started to save the environment and avoid e-waste related issues among the people. That is why each and every household should be educated about recycling their old and obsolete electronic goods.
Why it is important to educate households?
Members of a household who do not have any idea about battery recycling Toronto would simply throw their broken electronics in the bin. Worse, they may even mix these appliances with other household waste products. As a result, these items will end up in the landfills, lying there for several years, causing air, water as well as soil pollution. Certain components in them may even emit harmful gases that are dangerous for the creatures living around the landfill. On the contrary, an educated household will not dump the broken appliances in the bin, but will give them to recycling companies so that they can be disposed of properly without causing any harm to the environment.
What should households do with their broken electronics?
The process of Toronto electronics recycling is performed by taking out the components that may be used for other applications. This reduces the number of components being sent to the landfills. Since each household has so many electronic devices these days, each of them disposes at least two devices each year on an average, and that multiplied by the number of households in the world makes a whopping figure to break down. Recycling and reusing these devices can be extremely helpful in minimizing e-waste and thus saving the environment.
Since Toronto electronics recycling requires a lot of knowledge, precision, tools and machines to perform e-recycling, a large number of recycling companies have come up to handle these tasks. So, whenever a household decides to get rid of an old electronic device, they should surrender it to their nearest recycling company. The company will segregate the reusable parts of the device, and break down other components properly so that they do not cause any harm to the environment. E-waste needs to be disposed in a special way to prevent toxic substances from contaminating the ecology. Apart from sending the device for recycling, if the appliance is just old and it is still in working condition, it can be donated to a less privileged household who is in need of that appliance. Even if it needs a minor repair, the household may get it repaired and use it for as long as it works.
Com2Recycling is a reputed Mississauga electronics recycling companythat households can send their old electronic devices to for recycling. Once you send them your e-waste, they will take the responsibility of recycling it properly.
September 11, 2019 by com2electronicsrecycling
It is easier to recycle electronic products on an individual or family level, but what if you want to run a recycling mission on a bigger level, such as recycling all the obsolete electronic goods in your office, residential complex, school or college class, etc. To handle Mississauga electronics recycling at a bigger level, you need to setup a dedicated e-recycling program. This will not only reduce your garbage service pickup, but will also reduce your group’s carbon footprint and improve morale. These days, everyone wants to contribute to save the environment, and your group members would definitely be excited to participate in the effort.
Here are a few steps to launch a Toronto electronics recycling program among your group.
· First of all, assign a coordinator who is interested in leading the recycling program in your group. This person will get the required permissions from the management of the group, such as the principal of your school or college, the secretary of your residential complex, or the boss of your office. Once the program is signed, the coordinator will ask for volunteers to make a team. Create a memo enlisting the benefits of recycling, and inspiring people to take part in the program.
· Educating the group members is very crucial to turn your Toronto battery recycling mission into a success. Train them, make them understand the benefits of e-recycling, and inform them about the implementation of the program. It is important to include your cleaning staff too in the mission. Create an enthusiastic environment in the group, and even ask for suggestions for improvement.
· Take a walk around your office, school, college or residential complex and see what recyclable materials are lying as garbage. Most of the electronic goods are recyclable, so ask all the members of the groups to bring their old electronic goods and gather at a place.
· You may place bins in which any obsolete electronic goods can be thrown. Keep the bin at a place that is easily visible and accessible by your group members.
· Once you have fixed a date to collect all the electronic waste, call a recycling company to pick them up and take them for recycling. If you don’t have contact with any such recycling company, you can talk to your cleaning staff and ask them for support. They would be happy to give you the contact number of the right person, as getting rid of e-waste will only lighten their workload.
· Follow up with your recycling company and ask about the amount of recycled and retrieved materials. Share this information with your group members. This would create a sense of success in your group and they will feel encouraged to participate in such programs in future also.
Once your program turns out to be a success, educate the members to reduce e-waste in other ways. You may also give rewards to those who contributed the most and volunteered in the most effective manner.
Com2Recycling is one of the most reputed Mississauga electronics recycling companiesthat you may rely on to hand over your e-waste and get it recycled responsibly. So, give them a call and find how they can help.
September 11, 2019 by com2electronicsrecycling
Technology run devices are dominating the world today. As far as businesses are concerned, they no longer keep their notes on papers on in files. They no longer maintain budget, sales, payroll and income books, as they now keep all this information on computer hard drives. All this business-related information saved in soft form is known as IT asset, and its proper disposition is termed as IT asset disposition. When it comes the time to dispose your old computers and laptops, it is important to remove this IT asset properly, as it can be easily stolen and misused. Remember that simply restoring your devices back to factory settings is not enough, as some sensitive personal and financial information may still be there.This is where ITAD companies Chicago, Toronto enter the scene.
They destruct data
When it’s time to refresh your technology cycles and replace the old computers with the new ones, then the data saved in them has to be destroyed properly. These devices may have sensitive data saved in them, such as your important phone numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, social security numbers, proprietary information, medical records, etc. When you do not destroy this data properly, your business is left open to disastrous risks. Malicious people may steal your information and use it to damage your brand reputation, rob your finances, use your identity, etc.
They save time and effort
The job market is highly competitive at present, and you must not waste your employees’ valuable time on wiping data from hard drives, or asking them to crush, hammer or drill them. Remember, even if you crush a hard drive, it may still have retrievable information left. Apart from that, you also need to train your employees to do these odd jobs, which will also save your as well as their time. Professional IT Asset disposition services Chicago, Toronto are specialists in wiping hard drivers and destructing data, lending more productive time to your employees, and protecting your company by ensuring that it is done correctly.
They reduce your carbon footprint
Electronics contain hazardous waste that needs to be disposed of responsibly. Materials like mercury, lead and arsenic are some of these hazards present in old computers. That is why it is illegal to dump e-waste in landfills. Responsible ITAD companies Chicago collect the IT asset from you, retrieve the usable components, and dump others. A certified company will do it correctly and handle the waste in such a manner that it does not leave any carbon footprint on the environment.
They save your brand image
If you simply dump your old computers in a landfill and some legal mentors identify it as related to your company, then your brand will be shamed upon for doing such an irresponsible act. It may even make a headline, featuring a video of your old computer lying in a landfill. The entire act will present you as an unprofessional and irresponsible business owner and affect your brand image.
Now that you know why you must hire specialized IT Asset disposition Services Chicago, Torontowhile reselling or recycling your IT asset, we hope you will keep Com2Recycling in your mind. As a certified electronics recycling company in Toronto, they make sure that your IT asset is seamlessly managed from beginning to the end.
August 28, 2019 by com2electronicsrecycling
According to a survey, more than 80% of old computers and electronic products end up as high-tech electronic waste in under-development countries like Africa, India and China. Keeping that in mind, we need to act as responsible citizens of the earth and select Mississauga electronics recycling companies with care and caution. We should make sure that the recycling company we are choosing runs a socially responsible and environment friendly operation only. Let us learn how a responsible Toronto electronic recycling company is like.
Things to look for in a recycling company
To understand the working of an e-recycling company, you must take a look at the way it generates its revenues, the way it reclaims any precious metals in the products, the way it recycles materials, and the way it manages de-manufacturing of any toxic and low-value elements in the electronic goods.
· During the reclamation process of the precious metals, responsible battery recycling Toronto companies would create a safe working environment for its workers, providing them with the proper protecting gear and equipment.
· They would try their best to prevent environmental pollution by following proper procedures for the waste treatment as well.
· They would use special de-manufacturing equipment that would not allow dust to escape into the environment and also keep the workers protected from harmful materials.
· They would not allow their workers to use their bare hands or use primitive tools like hammers or chisels to extract precious materials from old electronic items.
· They would not dump the final discarded elements into streams or rivers, or burn them in a swamp that cause significant issues to public health.
· They would educate public and create awareness about e-waste crisis, and encourage people to de-manufacture and recycle. Look at their website and see how they are engaged in creating this awareness among the masses.
· They have the proper permits to carry out the battery recycling Toronto processes, and have the proper de-manufacturing machines to keep their workers safe and sound. They also have health monitoring systems through which they can keep a track of their workers’ health and the work environment safety.
The most dangerous materials found in electronic goods are the toxic, low-value materials found in them. Examples include mercury found in flat screens and switches, brominated flame retardants found on cables, plastic casings and printed circuit boards, etc. These materials are costly to extract during the de-manufacturing process. That is why, many recycling companies skip this step. You need to find the Mississauga electronics recycling company that is responsible enough to bear this expense instead of opting for the easier process of global dumping.
Now that you know how a responsible electronics recycling company looks like, keep these things in mind while handing over your old electronic goods to them.
Com2Recycling is a socially responsible Mississauga electronics recycling company addressing the issue of global e-waste crisis in the most effective manner. When they receive your old electronic items, they use high-end processes and equipment to de-manufacture them, extract valuable materials from them, and dispose non-recyclable components in an environment-friendly way.
August 13, 2019 by com2electronicsrecycling
Recycle is a mantra that many businesses and household owners have adopted these days. There are several benefits of recycling, yet according to surveys, only a small percentage of old electronic products is recycled properly. That being said, initiatives for Mississauga electronics recycling are increasing with each passing day. However, there are still many citizens who are unaware of what battery recycling Toronto exactly is. They don’t even know what Toronto electronics recycling is, how it can save the earth, and how to dispose of the harmful e-waste. Here, we will make you aware of the importance of electronics recycling and how ITAD companies Chicago, Toronto can help.
What Electronics Recycling is?
Mississauga electronics recycling is a process which can be effective in making use of the usable materials in old electronic goods, and turning them into new electronics. Components from old electronic goods, like lead, cadmium, plastic, aluminum, copper, gold, metal and others can be recycled and reused. This is the best way to save extraction of new materials from the earth’s resources, which in turn lowers down emission of greenhouse gases, reduces usage of energy, and prevent water pollution by decreasing disposal in landfills.
Benefits of Electronics Recycling
Here are the benefits we get with electronics recycling:
Saves energy: Recycling materials requires less energy than processing of raw materials from the earth’s resources. For instance, 75% less energy is required to recycle metals than to mine them from earth. Energy required to transport them from the mines is also saved.
Reduces pollution: Toronto electronics recycling is helpful in reducing air pollution caused due to gases emitted from landfills. Thereby, recycling reduces carbon emissions and global warming.
Frees up space: Landfills are mostly filled with non-biodegradable products that take a long time to degrade and decompose. Recycling can reduce the amount of these products, thus frees up space for productive use.
Saves money: Using recycled products reduces expenses related to mining and transporting. Recycled products are also less expensive than new products. With some investment, IT Asset Disposition Services Chicago, Toronto can recycle different types of components in old electronic goods to put them into further use.
How ITAD Companies Chicago, Toronto Help?
ITAD companies are IT Asset Disposition Services Chicago, Toronto that accept old electronic products from the customers and pay them in cash if they have some market value left. Then they take these products to their recycling centers, screen them for any reusable components, and dispose of the unusable materials in an environmentally-safe manner. Accepted materials include laptops, computers, cell phones, CD players, air conditioners, networking equipment, etc. After accepting your old electronic products, they also take the responsibility of clearing your data from them and notifying you when they are recycled or sold out. So, when it comes to Toronto electronics recycling, these ITAD Companies Chicago, Toronto are the ones you can rely upon.
Com2Recycling is one of such IT Asset Disposition Services Chicago, Toronto that is committed to offering high-end Mississauga electronics recycling services in the area. Once you handover your old electronics to them, you can be sure that you will get good value for them and contribute towards a safe earth for all.
July 16, 2019 by com2electronicsrecycling
Millions of metric tons of electronic waste get generated in the world each year. With new technological advancements being made with each passing day, and with reduced rates of latest gadgets, users do not hesitate to get rid of their old gadget quickly and buy new ones. But with this upgradation, they forget how much harm they are doing to their own environment. However, Mississauga electronics recycling is one way with which we can gain economic as well as health benefits in many ways. Let’s have a look.
It leads to a cleaner environment overall
When we dump our old electronic goods and gadgets in landfills, they collectively occupy a large amount of space which could have otherwise been used for some other productive work. Apart from consuming a lot of space, this e-waste also spreads harmful gases and toxins in the atmosphere. These toxins, when released in the breathing air, make the air dangerous and harmful. If people start making best use of their gadgets and dispose them off responsibly, environment pollution can be prevented and we would get a cleaner air to breathe in. Getting rid of old gadgets with Toronto electronics recycling also helps in saving space on earth and making the air safer to breathe.
It offers a number of health-related benefits
Electronic goods are made up of a variety of plastics, gases and other components. Some of these components, particularly lead, are very harmful for people’s health. When you dump an electronic product in the landfill, it releases harmful chemicals that enter the breathing air and also seep into the ground. That is why people living near landfills are found to have complicated health related problems as compared to those who live at a distance from these places. Not only to humans, the health of fishes, rodents, stray animals and other organisms also gets effected due to irresponsible dumping of electronic waste.
It preserves resources
When an electronic product is recycled by a battery recycling Toronto company, it extracts useful components from the product and reuse them to make new products. By doing this, they reduce the need to extract more raw material from the earth, thus preserving our already limited resources. Many electronic manufacturing companies have their own recycling centers where they take care of disposing off their electronic goods safely. The components that can be reused are preserved, while others are disposed of in an environment-safe manner. Preserving the reusable components helps in saving energy, time as well as earth’s limited resources.
It saves money
When a Mississauga electronics recycling company preserved reusable components from old electronic products, electronic manufacturing companies do not need to re-manufacture them from scratch. Therefore, recycling helps in decreasing the cost of production required for new products. Since manufacturers manufactured those products for cheap, the end product that enters the market for sale is also cheap, and purchasing them saves money for the consumers as well.
Com2Recycling is one of the most renowned Toronto electronics recycling companies that is dedicated to recycling old electronic goods in the most responsible and safest manner. When you handover your old electronic products to them, you can be sure that you are contributing towards ensuring a safer environment for all.
June 20, 2019 by com2electronicsrecycling
A huge percentage of garbage ending up in landfills is composed of electronic products. They are harmful not only for the environment, but to surrounding people, birds, animals and marine species as well. Therefore, it becomes important to find a good Mississauga electronics recycling company that can end up your electronic goods responsibly. Disposing off your electronics responsibly means disposing them off in an environment-friendly and socially safe way.
There are three main steps towards determining whether a Toronto electronics recycling company is responsible in its job or not. They are:
· Looking at the way they generate their reuse revenues
· Finding out their method of recycling materials and reclaiming precious metals
· Watching how they manage the toxic, non-precious components of the electronic goods
Other than these, look at these points while selecting a battery recycling Toronto company:
· The company should have a safe working environment for all.
· Their workers should be given proper protective equipment to stay safe while working with the electronics.
· They should have applied appropriate waste treatment processes to prevent any harm to the environment.
· The demolishing equipment that the company uses should provide protection from harmful materials and chemicals that are released during the recycling process.
The non-precious metals found in electronic goods are the most dangerous for the environment, such as mercury in flat screens and switches, and brominated flame retardants in cables, plastic castings, circuit boards, etc. Most of the cost related to Mississauga electronics recycling is spent on the recycling of these components only. So, make sure that the company you are choosing for your Toronto electronics recycling spends this price to recycle the electronics responsibly.
Now that you know the qualities of a good battery recycling Toronto company, here are a few tips to find one:
· Check the company’s website and see if they have uploaded any content against e-waste crisis on the planet.
· Ask them about the way they track, manage and recycle the electronic goods with them, and what measures they take to avoid dumping.
· Make sure that they do not charge any fee for recycling your electronic goods. If they do the recycling responsibly, they will generate enough money to make profit from the valuable materials they would gain from the product. They don’t need to charge any additional fee for that.
· Make sure that they have a permanent physical address. If they don’t have it, they must at least have an authorized permit to work as recyclers.
· Call their customer service and ensure that you are not directed to an automated answering machine immediately. There should be some human to talk to, so that you can clear your doubts and make your queries.
· The Mississauga electronics recycling company that you choose should not hesitate from demonstrating the process of their reusing, recycling and de-manufacturing old electronic products.
COM2 Recycling Solutions is a reputed electronics recycling company based in Mississauga. It takes the responsibility of recycling and disposing of your obsolete electronic items in an environmentally safe manner.
May 16, 2019 by com2electronicsrecycling
You must be aware what electronics recycling is. Considering the ever-increasing amount of e-waste on our earth, it has become all the more important to reuse old electronic goods as far as possible. But since latest models hit the market almost every year, people tend to get rid of the older models and get advantage of the latest technology. This is good for the users, but extremely detrimental for the environment. The old electronic products that we dump often lie in the landfills and produce toxic fumes to harm the environment and the surroundings. This is where Mississauga electronics recycling enters the scene. But there are certain things you must be confused about it. We will discuss about a few of them here.
How did Toronto Electronics Recycling Start?
Until a few years back, people did not have any idea about what Mississauga electronics recycling is. So, they simply dumped their old electronic goods and started using new ones without even thinking. But over time, engineers and scientists found out that the electronic goods that people throw away without thinking have some really expensive materials that can be reused. They also found that the level of toxic fumes these products are releasing are major contributors to air pollution as well. This is where the idea of Toronto electronics recycling started.
What does e-waste contain?
Electronic items lying in the landfills usually contain elements like plastics, brominates, cadmium, lead and fire retardants. So, people realized the importance of recycling electronic waste to procure these materials. Recycling and reusing these materials can save the environment from pollution by reducing the need to excavate these materials from the environment. Excavation also consumes a lot of energy and resources which would be ultimately saved by reusing materials that are already excavated from the mines.
What electronic items can be recycled?
Almost every electronic item you know in your life can be recycled. A huge variety of electronic items can be recycled, including cell phones, televisions, AV players, microwaves, telephones, kitchen appliances, fax machines, vacuum cleaners, fans, cameras, electronic toys, exercise machines, hair dryers, etc. A number of components in your computer system or laptop can also be recycled, including monitor, keyboard, scanner, printer, CPU, mouse, etc. If you are planning to get rid of an electronic item, don’t just throw it in the bin. Try to send it for Mississauga electronics recycling by handing it over to an electronic producer, repair shop, retailer or local drop-off center.
How Toronto electronics recycling is done?
During battery recycling Toronto or Mississauga electronics recycling, the experts separate the device into individual components either manually or with the help of machines. Materials that can be saved for later use are procured, while rest of the pieces are broken down. Since an electronic product contains hundreds of complicated components, it can be done efficiently by an experienced expert only.
COM2 Recycling Solutions is a Mississauga based electronics recycling company that is well-versed with the processes of responsible Mississauga electronics recycling. Hand over your obsolete electronic items to them, and rest assured that you did not make a carbon footprint with it.