August 20, 2019 by sophiawilliams
It is often said that ‘A picture is worth a thousand words.’ This blog will not boast about AOL Desktop Gold software. It will also now discuss that how it proves to be an amazing desktop software, with a user-friendly interface. You can aol gold desktop download in the OS and see for self. However if you have already installed the same, then let’s discuss something else. You must be aware of browsing data. If not, then the data gets stored as the memory of the software when a person browses the internet for various things. These are known as cache, and they act as a source of providing a hint to the system that what queries a user can search in the search engine. On a single day, you may browse through different websites, and all the cookies and cache gets accumulated in the browser. This clutters the browser and thereby lowers its performance. You must always clear them and that too daily.
To move further, not clearing the browser’s cache and cookies can also lead to the run time error. So, do not avoid deleting the stuff on a regular basis. If not regularly, then ensure to clear the browser’s cache on a weekly basis. Do not take a rain a check (postpone the plan) and start executing the steps shared below right away. Not doing so and delaying can also lead to issues in signing in and can freeze the software where it can hang a lot.
The steps to execute to clear the browser’s cache on AOL Desktop Gold
üDouble click on the AOL Desktop icon on the system and sign in by entering your login credentials.
üIn the next step, once you see the home screen, locate the Settings icon on the right side. You can view the icon by clicking on the ‘Menu’ or the three dots.
üClick on it, and you will be able to see a list of options. From that, select ‘Browser.’
üNavigate to the ‘Security tab’ and then click on the option of ‘Clear Footprints now.’
üPut a checkmark near the boxes, which says, clear cookies, clear cache, and clear history.
üTap on, Okay, and this will clear all the accumulated junk.
‘A stitch in time saves nine.’ It is better to save the problem now or to regret later and work even intensively on that. If you find that your software is still crashing, getting slower from time to time, then you can install aol gold software in the Operating System once again by deleting the previous one.
Read more: download aol desktop for windows 10
Source URL: How to clear browser’s cache on AOL Desktop Gold
August 6, 2019 by sophiawilliams
The simple answer is yes, but you need to check various points before initiating the process to get the software. AOL desktop gold can easily be operated on Mac OS and will definitely be giving you to most satisfying feeling. AOL desktop gold is one of the few software that is making users’ approach towards internet quite easier. It helps you to log in to your email account and also to manage the internet in an entertaining manner. So it would be a better deal to aol gold desktop download software to your Mac now.
Check system requirements for AOL desktop gold:
You should check what is required by the AOL desktop gold to make it accessible in your Mac device. So get these points below:
· Hard disk: minimum 512 MB free space required.
· Processor: 266 MHZ or faster.
· Screen resolution: 1024x768 or higher.
· RAM: 1 GB or more.
· And a fast and secure internet connection.
Now check your system if it can meet with the necessary requirements so you can proceed further.
3 easy methods to download AOL desktop gold:
Once you have checked the system requirements, you can proceed with the downloading steps further:
Method 1. With advantage plan:
You have to follow these steps if you are an AOL Advantage plan member and download AOL desktop gold in 3 following steps:
1. Go to AOL account and click on ‘My benefits page.’
2. Check-in all products section and choose ‘AOL desktop gold.’
3. Click on ‘download now’ and follow simple screen instructions to install AOL desktop gold to your computer easily.
Method 2. With subscription/trial:
If you have bought a subscription package or choose a trail one then follow these steps to get the software:
1. Go to your AOL account and click on ‘My accounts.’
2. Go to the ‘services and subscription’ and click to continue.
3. Find ‘AOL desktop gold’ and press ‘get started’ button.
4. Now follow on-screen instructions to download the software smoothly.
Method 3. With download link:
If you have not bought subscription yet or trail then you can sign up for software and then using downloading link can complete the process. Now follow these steps:
1. Open your email account registered with AOL.
2. Check AOL confirmation email and open it.
3. Find the download AOL desktop gold’ and click on it.
4. Now save the AOL setup file on your device and follow instructions to install it.
As you can see, these steps are quite easy to follow and mentioned in details so you can easily install aol gold software to your computer and start accessing the world of entertainment.
Read more: install aol desktop gold software
Source URL: Can I get AOL desktop software if I have a MAC
July 26, 2019 by sophiawilliams
Does your AOL Desktop Gold show hassles while installation? When users get an installation error that time they need to fix the problem via reinstallation. The reason for installation problem may occur due to corrupted installation. Are you getting the problem with AOL Desktop and want to reinstall it? If yes then you can get the help from customer care team for a solution. Via AOL Desktop technical support number whenever you want can reach to experts. If you want to learn the installation process then don’t worry. On this blog, you will find the way “how to reinstall AOL Desktop?” For reinstallation process first of uninstall the AOL Desktop software and then install again download AOL desktop gold software.
Uninstall the previous installed AOL Desktop?
To uninstall AOL Desktop you should follow the steps given here:
1. Tap on the Start menu of the computer.
2. Click on Control Panel.
3. Choose the option Add or Remove Programs, Uninstall a program, or Programs and Features
4. Now you will get a list of installed programs, click on AOL Desktop.
5. Tap on the option Uninstall/Remove.
6. You will ask if you want to remove or keep the personal data.
7. Finally, the uninstallation process successfully is done.
After the uninstallation process, you can process for reinstallation process. Follow the steps given below for reinstallation of AOL Desktop Gold then you can easily install AOL gold desktop software.
Install new AOL Desktop Gold
1. Go to the Downloads folder on the computer.
2. Select the AOL Desktop and click on the icon Install AOL Desktop.
· A Windows security window will open.
3. Tap on option Run.
· The window of AOL Desktop Gold will open.
4. Tap on Install now.
· Follow the prompts to install the AOL Desktop Gold and the process of reinstallation has done.
Now you can use the AOL Desktop without glitches. Whatever the team of customer care is 24 X 7 available to rectify the issues related to AOL Desktop. Via AOL Desktop technical support number customers care solve all problems. The team of trained experts is always available on the call. With the help of experts, it would be easy to fix issues of AOL Desktop Gold.
Read more: AOL desktop gold upgrade
Source URL: How to reinstall the AOL Desktop Gold
July 15, 2019 by sophiawilliams
AOL Desktop Gold is a desktop software that caters to providing amazing benefits to the users who install it in their device. It doesn’t only act as web browser and an internet searcher, but also allows people to surf for videos, audios, news and play online games. Acting as a search engine, this software can only be accessed when it connected to an online source. Otherwise you won’t be able to implement the usual searching and stuff with the software. If you are facing an issue with AOL Gold and not able to connect online through your AOL account, then you should resolve this matter at the earliest. The steps for the same are mentioned in the blog and you can go through the suggestions. And if they do not prove to be effective, then kindly uninstall it and Download AOL gold in the system from the scratch.
What can be the reasons behind AOL Desktop Gold not connecting Online?
Fir every issue there are some significant reasons. Some of them which are preventing AOL Gold to connect online are
Router or network settings- This is the most common problem which can be faced by the users on a daily basis. When the internet router fails to work or doesn’t provide proper signal, it becomes the reason for AOL Gold not connecting to the online network
System settings- Sometimes there lies some error with your computer and laptop, which can lead to the issue discussed here
Operating system compatibility- Not updating the device firmware or AOL Desktop Gold can also lead to this dilemma
What are some general ways by which you can resolve this error?
Hardware and router settings:
First of all check the errors that are associated with the Wi-Fi router or modem. If you are unable to open other programs and connect online with the network, but only AOL Gold is causing an issue, then you can move to the next step. Otherwise you must get in touch with your internet service provider and fix the issue. You should also look whether all the wires are properly intact and there are no loose ends
Update the system firmware
Next, download all the recent updates that are related to your device’s firmware and then try connecting AOL gold to online network
After that you need to enable the automatic LAN settings
· First of all, open Google Chrome web browser
· Click on settings and after that click on ‘Advanced’ option
· Now open the proxy settings and click on Internet properties
· Review the LAN settings and enable the option of ‘Automatically detect settings’
· Save the changes and exit the window
The next thing that you can execute to resolve this error is to reset the TCP/IP settings or also fix the issues with the network card if any.
If none of these methods work, then just stop whatever troubleshooting method that you have applied, uninstall the software and AOL desktop gold install in the framework once again.
Read More: Download AOL desktop for windows 10
Source URL: How to Connect Online your AOL Desktop Gold
July 2, 2019 by sophiawilliams
AOL Desktop Gold upgrades normally include important bug fixes as well as added security features that allow you to run the software without any problems. The beauty of AOL Gold is that the browser comes with an automatic update feature that all but eliminates the stress of manual updates. When you AOL desktop gold install on your computer, the software will automatically check for any upgrades when you connect to the internet and will replace old versions of the software when required. The automatic update feature helps you save time and improves your browsing experience. However, sometimes, you may encounter certain technical errors that make it difficult to complete the software upgrade. This article will give you a general idea about how you can troubleshoot the upgrade issue on AOL Desktop Gold and make sure you install the necessary updated. You can also call the AOL Desktop Gold customer care number and speak to a trained software technician to implement more advanced troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.
Steps to troubleshoot Upgrade issue of AOL Desktop Gold
The AOL upgrade can be particularly frustrating because it will often result in the software running slowly or crashing unexpectedly. When this happens you can follow the steps given below to change the Windows update settings and troubleshoot the upgrade issues on AOL Desktop Gold:
• Step 1: Restart your computer and log in using the system admin details.
• Step 2: Go to the Windows icon and can click on the ‘Start’ menu.
• Step 3: Enter the word ‘Update’ in the search box and click ‘Enter.’
• Step 4: Open the ‘Programs’ section and click on ‘Windows update.’
• Step 5: Select ‘Change Settings’ and go to ‘Important updates.’
• Step 6: Mark the checkbox so that you can install updates automatically.
• Step 7: Click the “Recommended updates” option and save the changes.
Once you change the Windows settings, you can reboot your computer and check if upgrade AOL Desktop Gold. If you find that the upgrade error persists, you will need to uninstall the program and Download AOL gold once again. You can call the AOL Desktop Gold customer care number and speak to a trained software expert to complete the installation so that you get the latest version of the software. You should remember that no matter what type of error you may encounter while using AOL Desktop Gold, you can always call the helpline number, which is available 24 hours a day, and ask for additional technical assistance to troubleshoot the issue.
Read more: Download AOL desktop for windows 10
June 21, 2019 by sophiawilliams
If the users wish to create a backup for their AOL Desktop Gold data, the process to get it done is really simple. Once the users Download AOL gold on a new system, they can create a backup and enjoy using their old files; the users can also retrieve their emails as well. The users can do this in multiple ways, and it completely depends on the users on how they wish to get it done. The users can learn more about this process by going through the complete blog; they also have the option of connecting with customer service, where they would get all the required assistance.
Ways to create Backup for AOL Desktop Gold
The users can create the backup for AOL Desktop Gold using the below-given ways. The methods which the users can use are as given below:
Method 1: Import and Export data to another system
If you wish to have your old data and emails on your system which is newly set up with AOL Desktop Gold, then you can get this done by following the below given steps:
· The users would have to sign in to their AOL Desktop Gold account
· Then they would have to access their settings option, where they would have to click on the ‘My Data’ option.
· Further, you would have to select the ‘Import’ or Export’ option.
· Then you would have to select the files that you wish to move.
· When you are exporting the files, you would need to create a password which would be required while you import the files.
Method 2: Import AOL Gold data from a previous version
If you are using a new account for AOL Gold then you can easily import the data from your previous accounting using the below gives simple steps:
· The users would have to log into the AOL Account.
· Now they would have select the option of ‘File.’
· Further click on the option of ‘Import Wizard.’
· The users would now have to press the ‘OK’ button to initiate the process.
· The user would have to click on ‘OK’ once again to complete the process.
Method 3: Create an easy backup to your AOL Desktop Gold
· The users would have to start with searching for the file named .abi.
· Then they would have to select the folder ‘C_America Online 9.0.
· Further click on the option to organize the folder.
· Now choose the option of ‘Edit/Copy.’
· Then you would have the freedom to choose any folder where you wish to locate the backup file.
· Then you can go to the menu and select the ‘Edit/Paste’ option.
This is a common query which the users come across after they AOL desktop gold install on their system. If the users come across any other issue while incorporating the above-given steps, they have the option of connecting with the customer care and availing professional assistance.
Source URL: How Do I Backup My AOL Desktop Gold
June 11, 2019 by sophiawilliams
AOL mail is quite advanced and easy to use and help you to improve the quality of communication through emails. It is able to provide you some of the quality support with great features that make your email experience more enhanced and exciting. However, from time to time, you may observe some issues that can lead you into trouble. You may have some problems, but that can be solved easily with some clear approach towards the solution. AOL downloading error 205 is such an issue that can prevent you from accessing your favorite email, but the solution is easy. You may need to install AOL desktop gold again to your computer in such case if all the solution gets failed.
Reset the web settings:
· If you have a browser already installed in your computer other than the default browser, then you need to alter some settings.
· So you need to reset the settings of your internet browser.
· You have to change the homepage settings, search pages, and default browser without getting into the settings of another browser.
Get the download from a reliable source:
You should download the AOL software from a reliable site, and the best option could be the official website itself. Now follow these steps to complete the process:
· First, you need to go to the AOL official website.
· Download the AOL software.
· The go to the downloads and run the file that you have downloaded.
· You need to click on the option ‘upgrade existing version’ and then click on continue.
· Then you can choose your AOL settings as per your preferences.
· Review the settings and install location then follow the screen instruction to install it on your computer.
Use the compatible mode to download and run the file:
You need to download the software again from a reliable source keeping your computer on compatible mode.
· Now download and save the file on the desktop.
· Go to the exe.file in your desktop and double click on that.
· Then choose appropriate properties and click on the option of compatibility.
· Now chose to run the program in compatibility mode.
· Click apply and then press ok.
· If you exist, user, then you have to click on “upgrade existing version” and select your email address to copy the preview version settings.
· Next, you have to click on continue.
· You can change the AOL settings as per your choice.
· At last review your settings and location to install the program in your computer.
Once you do some early steps, you will be getting the exact solutions to fix the issue. However, in some, it is not possible to fix the issue easily. So you will need to AOL gold download again to your computer.
Read more: Reinstall AOL desktop gold
Source URL: Solve AOL downloading error 205 issue
June 1, 2019 by sophiawilliams
One issue which the users of AOL desktop face are when they are unable to open AOL email on AOL Desktop. This is a common issue which is faced by the several users of AOL Desktop. This issue is often experienced when the user install AOL desktop gold on their system. The users can attain a clear understanding of this issue by going through this complete blog.
Steps to resolve this issue are:
The users can quickly solve this issue, which they have come across by taking up some straightforward steps. The steps that you would have to trail are:
The users would have to remove the PFC file for the affected Username
In this situation, it might be possible that the user’s PFC file may be permanently corrupted or even deleted accidentally and the users would then have to remove it from its default location for the mailbox to function correctly. The user would have to relocate the PFC file to the desktop, and the steps that they would have to follow are:
· Start by closing the AOL Desktop software which is running on their system.
· Now you would have to the right click on Start, move to the option of all programs after which they would have to click on the option of AOL and further into AOL system information.
· Then the users would have to open the Data folder and follow the below-mentioned steps:
o If you are using the AOL 9.0 version or higher, then click on the AOL Software tab and choose the option of the open data folder.
o If you are using AOL 9.0 optimized, then you would opt for the Data Folder option.
o If you are using the AOL 8.0 Plus or an earlier version, then click on the option of the folder.
· Further, after you have opened the Data folder, the users would have to the right click on the username file which would have no extension and choose the option of Cut.
· Now you would have to close the Organize window as well as the AOL system information.
· You would now have to the right click on the desktop and then paste the file that you had earlier cut on the desktop.
· Once you have pasted the file on the desktop, access the AOL Desktop software as you would normally do and make sure that you do not sign in.
· Further, you would have to click in the file menu and choose the ‘Open’ option.
· Here the users would have to locate the ‘(Screenname).pfc.’ file from their desktop and after doing so click on the Open option to access their old PFC file.
This is an issue which the users come across once they AOL gold download on their system. It is not a big issue which would need a lot of technical assistance. They users can take up the above-given steps, and it would be enough to overcome the matter in hand. Once the users have used the given steps, they would then overcome the problem of not being able to open AOL email in AOL Desktop.
Read more: Reinstall AOL desktop gold
Source URL: Unable to open AOL Email in AOL Desktop
May 20, 2019 by sophiawilliams
AOL desktop gold is quite a useful software that help you to connect with the internet in a exciting way. It offers a lot of cool and useful features that make the internet browsing more enhanced. It allows you to watch the video, paly the games and listen music along with the normal internet surfing. Now If you are unable to get online through your AOL account you should become active to resolve the issue at the earliest. You can easily fix the issue with the steps given in this. Otherwise you have to uninstall the AOL desktop and need to Install AOL Gold software again to your computer.
What case AOL desktop Gold not connecting issue?
You must need the reason behind the issue that is preventing AOL desktop gold to connect to the internet. Here some probable reasons that can cause the trouble:
Operating system:You may not have the updated operating system that can cause the issue. Some other issues in operating system can also cause the issue.
Your computer settings:You can try to log in to your AOL desktop gold with another computer and if you are able to use it easily, then make it sure that the problem is in your computer settings that you need to fix.
Issue with router or network:your router or network connection may be the reason for AOL not connecting to the internet issue. So you need to check all the connection to fix the issue.
Easy methods to solve the issue:
Once you get the reasons of the issue you can solve the issue with these easy methods:
1. By enabling the settings of Automatic LAN detect
This method is applicable to all the users for all browser and solve the issue by following these steps:
· Open your internet browser such as Chrome or Mozilla
· Then go to the gear option and choose settings
· Now you have to navigate ‘Advanced’ option and open it
· Then go to the system option and open proxy settings
· Now you can find connection option in the ‘Internet properties’
· Then click on LAN settings and review the settings there
· You have to enable ‘Automatically detect settings’ and unmark the box ‘use a proxy server for your LAN’
· Then exit the window
2. By disabling the internet protected mode:
· You can temporarily disable this feature with these steps:
· Go to the internet browser other than AOL
· Then go to the gear option and settings
· Now click on advanced option and then system
· By clicking on proxy settings you will get the security option
· Now you need to unmark the box ‘Enhanced protected mode’
If these methods failed to provide you proper solution you need AOL gold desktop download again but before the downloading you need to uninstall the software.
Read more: AOL gold download link
May 7, 2019 by sophiawilliams
AOL Desktop Gold is a software which is capable of fulfilling all their desktop needs. This software provides the users with features like a web browser, multimedia player, email service and even makes you capable of playing games. The amazing aspect of this software is that they ensure the users get all the features without compromising on security. This software can efficiently function on Mac as well as Windows operating systems. The process that you must undertake to Install AOL gold on your system is also very straightforward. The users also get the option of choosing the required package as per their need.
AOL Desktop has been successfully satisfying the needs of millions of users all across the globe. The mesmerizing features that this software has on offer is what makes the user prefer AOL over any other software. Being a software, AOL is also not immune to malfunctions and glitches. There are times when the users of AOL Desktop Gold face malfunctioning of the software. One such issue is when the icon of AOL Desktop Gold goes missing. There can be several reasons for having to encounter this issue. The files in the AOL Desktop Gold folder could be damaged; there could be some malware or virus on your system. By going through this blog, you would get a better understanding of this issue and how to handle it when you come across this issue.
Ways to solve the issue of AOL Desktop Gold icon missing
If you wish to resolve the problem of your AOL Desktop Gold icon gone missing, the steps that you would have to use are as stated below:
Step 1: Look at the system tray which is located at the bottom of the desktop screen.
Step 2: Find and search the AOL desktop gold in the hidden items of the system tray.
Step 3: Once you find AOL desktop gold in the hidden items, right click and choose the option of creating a shortcut.
Step 4: After you have opted for this option you would then have the AOL Desktop Gold icon on your Desktop.
When you see that your AOL desktop gold icon has gone missing, there could be a chance that the AOL software has been uninstalled from your system. In this situation, you would not be able to find the icon even in the hidden items. Hence the only option that you would have left would be to AOL gold desktop download on your system again.
•The steps to download AOL desktop gold is as given below:
•Open the browser and then navigate to the official website of AOL.
•Once you are on the official website, search for AOL Desktop Gold and then click on the option of Download.
•When the download is complete, run the .exe file that you have downloaded and follow the instructions that are given to you onscreen.
Once you successfully install the software again on your system, you would be able to find the shortcut available on your desktop. If you face more anymore issues in this process, promptly connect with the customer care and avail professional assistance.
Read More: AOL gold download link
Source URL: AOL desktop Gold icon missing