Jane william's blog
September 2, 2019 by Jane william
Wireless Adaptors are the device that wirelessly connects all your internet-enabled devices to the Wi-Fi connection. Netgear is seen as one of the most proficient devices in this category. The Netgear Wireless Adaptor will connect all your laptops and desktops to a Wireless N network for online applications such as online streaming, secure connection to the internet, etc. You need to install the software, Netgear Genie in the system and later it asks you to insert the adaptor. You need to insert the USB adaptor into the desktop dock, then the wireless adaptor into the dock and then later connect the USB Cable to the device’s USB port. However, many users have complained about having issues with the wireless adaptor, especially in Windows 10. To solve the particular problem, you can read the blog and implement the steps shared for manual troubleshooting. In case, you require instant solutions and are completely annoyed with the error, then dial Netgear router Customer Care number right away and avail technical assistance.
You might have noticed that the adaptor will work fine when you start the system, but after some time it loses the internet connection even though this issue can be fixed by unplugging and plugging the adaptor again. But for how many times would you rely on these solutions. You need to fix the trouble once and for all.
Solution 1- Check the hardware and software of the equipment
Ensure that the hardware of the Netgear is up to the place. You can try connecting it to various USB ports to different computers. If it works fine, then the issue is with your PC and not with the adaptor.
Solution 2- Change the power settings
To change the power settings of the system to make it vital for Netgear adaptor’s performance. To solve the power-related settings and enable them by default you can either disable USB selective suspend or the WLAN Adapter suspend.
Solution 3- Update Netgear drivers
If the Netgear drivers are not updated, it can become one of the reasons behind this trouble. You need to install the latest drivers, and mostly, they are done automatically.
Solution 4- Deleting the network adapter driver and then scan for new hardware
If nothing works, then, you can proceed to work with the default drivers. But for this, you must install the drivers that you have currently installed.
If you are still facing issues and not able to troubleshoot it manually, then you need to dial the Netgear router technical support number immediately. It connects you to the technical executives who will guide you with everything for solving the error.
August 24, 2019 by Jane william
Users lookout for devices which would help them extend the range of their Wi-Fi, and often they fail to find the ideal device. Netgear EX2700 Range Extender is an efficient device which can help the users easily extend their Wi-Fi range up to 300Mbps. With the help of this device, the users can efficiently optimize the internet system, and the users can also monitor the signal strength thoroughly. There several other features which the users can avail upon using this Netgear device. The users can also learn more about this device by connecting with Netgear router tech support.
By going through this blog, the users can easily install Netgear EX2700 on their system. You would also need to understand that this is process is about installing the device on a firmware version 188.8.131.52 or below.
The process which you would have to undertake to install Netgear EX2700 extender on your device is as given below:
· The users must start by keeping the extender in the same room as the Wi-Fi router.
· Now ensure that you have a functioning internet connection on the main router.
· Connect the extender to an electrical outlet and power the extender by pressing the ON/OFF button available on the side panel of the extender.
· You now have to connect the EX2700 to a computer device, which can be done using an Ethernet cable or wireless network.
· When the device is connected, the device link LED would show a solid green light.
· Now the user has to launch the web browser and let the Netgear Genie install the software.
· Another window would then appear, where you have to click on continue to run the setup.
· Now connect to a Wi-Fi network, type the password of the main wireless network, and click on continue.
· You would see that by default, the SSID would be the name of your wireless network followed by _EXT at the end.
· Further select use the same security and password as those of your existing network.
· Then you have to click on OK, uncheck the box for using the same security and password so you can change it to something of your preference. Once you are done, click on continue.
· You would then be informed that the wireless settings for your EXT have been changed and that you need to connect to your network before clicking on Continue.
· Once you have connected your wireless device to the new network, press the ‘Finish’ button to complete the installation process.
· You also have the option of moving the extender to your preferred location, and the only thing that you have to keep in mind is that the wireless devices are able to acquire a good signal.
If the users come across any additional issue while trying to install Netgear EX2700 Range Extender on their device, then they can promptly connect with Netgear router Support number. By doing so, the users would get sufficient assistance in solving any issue which they might be facing. This service is also available on a 24-hour basis and is completely free of charge.